The Feds [3 Letter Agencies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Hey gang. Can someone point me in the right direction towards listening to Federal frequencies here in rural St. Robert, Missouri. Are there even any? Lol. Any on MOSWIN?

Thanks.

I already have Ft. Leonard Wood in the scanner..I'm talking along the lines of the FBI, etc.

ecps92

Your best bet is to spend sometime in SEARCH
138-144
148-150.8
162-174 (don't forget below the NWS) - here you also will find some MOSWIN
380-400 FM not AM
400-420

Spend a month, make some notes, then post back what you find.
Remember, Federal monitoring is NOT like listening to your local PD/FD/EMS who might be busy, FEDS come-n-go-n-reappear here-there and ...

Hey gang. Can someone point me in the right direction towards listening to Federal frequencies here in rural St. Robert, Missouri. Are there even any? Lol. Any on MOSWIN?

Thanks.

I already have Ft. Leonard Wood in the scanner..I'm talking along the lines of the FBI, etc.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Your best bet is to spend sometime in SEARCH
138-144
148-150.8
162-174 (don't forget below the NWS) - here you also will find some MOSWIN
380-400 FM not AM
400-420

Spend a month, make some notes, then post back what you find.
Remember, Federal monitoring is NOT like listening to your local PD/FD/EMS who might be busy, FEDS come-n-go-n-reappear here-there and ...

Thanks for the search range. I saw you post that over in the Federal monitoring forum and I've already been using it. Thanks again.

No doubt the FBI and whoever come and go with OPS. Just wondering if anyone had any solid info. I think some BATF guys operate on MOSWIN in my area but run encrypted.

iamhere300

Lots of FBI repeaters scattered throughout the state, single channel units. All with data circuits back to the regions, and further.

Secret Service and FBI are no strangers to temp setups, both on VHF and on microwave.

If doing operations in areas that are not in range of a repeater, they often set up temp repeaters on local towers. Secret Service will sometimes have agents sitting with the repeaters at temp sites.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Lots of FBI repeaters scattered throughout the state, single channel units. All with data circuits back to the regions, and further.

Secret Service and FBI are no strangers to temp setups, both on VHF and on microwave.

If doing operations in areas that are not in range of a repeater, they often set up temp repeaters on local towers. Secret Service will sometimes have agents sitting with the repeaters at temp sites.

Any links where I could find the frequencies? Thanks for the intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.