Need Help, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtm1549

I’m a bit confused. It dawned on a few days ago that I haven’t been getting anything from Barton County Sheriff for several days (other channels – EMS, fire, etc. - are O.K.). I have both the 396XT and the 996XT digitals, and an older BC72XLT (analog only, non-trunked), and all are the same. I thought at first they might have joined the MOSWIN system like some around here, but I can’t find anything one way or the other. They did have a couple of talkgroups in the database (24501 and 24502), but those are gone now, too?? I haven’t heard them on Region D IO, either and I know they called state at least twice this week. Also, on one of those incidents, EMS told dispatch that they “copied direct” from the deputy on scene. I have searched high, low, here, there, and everywhere I can think of and can’t find anything. One more thing; I looked at their ULS listing and it said their license on that call sign was cancelled almost a year ago. I don’t know what that means since I’ve heard them up until a few days ago. Anyway, if anyone can help me figure this out, I’d be grateful.

BaLa

What frequencies do you have programed for them.

Barton County, Missouri (MO) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Right under Barton County.
*WQVL272 - Sheriff - 159.1575 Repeater with 155.91 input (at Lamar), 154.3775 Repeater with 158.775 input (at Liberal) (NFM/DMR)

Guess you could try to listen to the Repeaters for digital noise. But if they moved to DMR/TRBO.
No scanner can decode it.

7K60FXE 2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA voice

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/MOTOTRBO

Last edited:

teufler

a long shot but you are next to jasper cty, they use a nexedge system. Because of proximity, counties sometime switch to systems that are compatible with adjoining counties, plus the sales force has found it easy to switch other counties when one foot is in the door. If they have gone to nexedge, like dmr/trbo, we scanner operators are out of luck.

jtm1549

Thanks for the replies, they definitely helped. I missed those two that were in the grayed out above the grid in database. I put both of those in and I’m getting Barton Sheriff again on 159.1575. As for which frequencies I have programmed in, they’re all in except the 460.05. I’ve never gotten anything on most, but they’re there anyway – just in case. I thought about NEXEDGE or MOTOTRBO, but didn’t make sense (to me) to switch one frequency only and leave the rest like they were. I forgot to mention, also that, population-wise, Barton County is pretty small so county, Lamar city police, and EMS all use the same dispatcher. Anyway, thanks again for all your help. Without it, I’d probably still be scratching my head and wondering what was wrong.

BaLa

I'm just a few counties north of you.
Sheriff switched to Moswin everybody else is still using their old conventional frequencies.

Great you got it working you should submit it to the Database.
Good they're still analog also.
Keep in mind they are licensed for it so they may switch to digital TRBO or NXDN in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.