Uniden dmr upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF23

Premium Subscriber

rwier

You can also try:

As a Premium subscriber you are eligible to use the following from the RR Database. Note: You will have to sign in however.

On the last URL, when it comes up, mouse click on the “blue State” name column & it will sort all of the DMR stations by state.

MOTOTRBO Trunked System Report

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?rpt=5&mode=6

Thanks for the tip! I did the "County" option and I came up with about 7 Airlines (Airports), 3 Hospitals (Security) and three (business). Guess I don't need to get too exited about these new upgrades/models.

Mastiff2013

Unless I did something wrong using the spreadsheet and the RR database, I do not see the benefit of the upgrade for Orange and Seminole counties in Florida. If someone could confirm or see an error on my part, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Mastiff2013

I could not edit and add I have a 436 and the upgrade would be the Uniden dmr upgrade.

Unless I did something wrong using the spreadsheet and the RR database, I do not see the benefit of the upgrade for Orange and Seminole counties in Florida. If someone could confirm or see an error on my part, I would appreciate it.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I used center of Seminole County, 20 mile radius, found 377 unique frequencies in Private that have a licensed emission designator indicative of DMR Fixed Base station.

Attachments

• Seminole.txt
    7 KB · Views: 155

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I used center of Seminole County, 20 mile radius, found 377 unique frequencies in Private that have a licensed emission designator indicative of DMR Fixed Base station.

EDIT: In spot checking, it looks like some of my location data is out of sync. I'll work on that, today. :(

kruser

Premium Subscriber

EDIT: In spot checking, it looks like some of my location data is out of sync. I'll work on that, today. :(

I was wondering about that.
I also noticed a few oddballs that seemed off a ways but figured it may have just been an erroneous DB entry when the info was submitted by the licensee or whomever the frequency coordinator was.
Sorry Paul, I did not write down the few that seemed off but can probably recreate them if you need them.

For the most part, most of the results I did get from your latest SS version were pretty darn close!

I assume your info is taken from actual FCC coordinates and not what is shown in the RR database here correct?
I know for a fact that I've found several FCC licenses where the station or control point are listed in error at the FCC site.
They are mostly older licenses that have been around a while and maybe when they did not have decent tools for calculating exact coordinates such as what can usually be obtained with a decent GPS these days.

Back in the old days, a lot of coordinate data was input from topo maps from what I could tell when looking at very old licenses that may have not had the true coordinate data updated when the licenses are updated.
I usually rely upon the stations control point city and county for those I know do not display accurate coordinate data at the FCC site.

One would think most DMR licenses do have accurate data but I guess some of the old users simply changed their emission designator and did not pay attention to the coordinate data that the coordinator would have input for them.

That could be a daunting task for an FCC staffer to go through each license and confirm coordinate data is correct!
I bet they will though as things start filling up and they need accurate data to avoid interference from one user to the next.

I know with narrowband rules on VHF, the FCC tries to not setup a new NB user right next to a user on an old wideband channel even if everyone is now showing narrowband emissions or not. There are already some cases where they have had to do that though as the band it pretty darn full in some cities that they have no choice.
Service specific channel may also be using the newly created NB channels as well. Railroad is a good example of some new licenses being granted on some of the new NB only frequencies.
I do wonder how some of the radios are handling it especially if they don't really have good selectivity.

All modern radios from decent vendors should handle it but some of the older radios that had the NB setting may not have the selectivity that is really needed.

Last edited:

W5JCK

Thanks for the tip! I did the "County" option and I came up with about 7 Airlines (Airports), 3 Hospitals (Security) and three (business). Guess I don't need to get too exited about these new upgrades/models.

Check out Upman's database spreadsheet containing licenses. I searched RadioReference for my metro area and found only about 93 DMR listings. The DFW area has over 7.1 million people, so we are a fairly large metro. However, using Upman's spreadsheet I entered my location coordinates and set it to a 30 mile radius and found a little over 1000 licenses in that database. Factoring in the duplicates found in both RR and the licenses database, I have about 1040 frequencies that might TX in DMR. Most are likely stuff I could care less about though. However, if you are into monitoring hams using Motorola TRBO radios then neither of those databases will list them. A ham license does not specify a mode of operation. Neither does a GMRS license. So you might be able to monitor ham and GMRS traffic in your area that uses DMR modes, if there are any in existence. So be aware that some radio services can operate DMR but there is no way to know that they are doing so unless you scan for them. Note: I won't get into legal debate, but I think the FCC forbids digital voice on GMRS. But even if they do, the capability is there, and no doubt the desire to do so is there among some.

Personally I'm probably not going to upgrade since most of the P25 I and II, DSTAR, and Fusion digital voice I monitor sounds like Stephen Hawking on helium with a lot of tail spikes that hurt your ears. Plus a lot of systems, especially law enforcement, are encrypting so you cannot monitor them at all regardless of mode used. I already paid a ridiculous amount for my scanners, so adding another $50+ to that per scanner isn't worth the cost unless I find systems out there that are worth monitoring. So personally I think it will be better in my case to wait until the RR databases start reflecting what is available, and that might take years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.