Bad Accident on I44

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaLa

I guess there was a pretty bad accident yesterday afternoon around 3pm or so.
This was at about the 123 mile marker.

Nothing in the Lebanon Newspaper yet (at least not online).

But the MSHP has on Online Crash Reports Website.
For those that don't know about the website.
http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/HP68/search.jsp

There's the direct link to it.
http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/HP68/AccidentDetailsAction?ACC_RPT_NUM=A022596I

* * * FATALITY ACCIDENT * * * NEXT OF KIN NOTIFIED. ACCIDENT OCCURRED AS VEH 1 WAS EB ON I44, DROVE INTO THE MEDIAN AND RETURNED TO THE ROADWAY SKIDDING. DVR 1 OVERCORRECTED, VEH 1 BEGAN OVERTURNING, WENT AIRBORNE OVER THE MEDIAN CABLE COMING TO REST IN THE WB LANES OF I44. DRIVER 1 WAS EJECTED AND WAS PRONOUNCDEAD AT THE SCENE BY THE LACLEDE COUNTY CORONER STEVEN MURRELL AT 1533 HOURS. INVESTIGATING OFFICER WAS ASSISTED BY CPL J. GLENDENNING #739, TPR J. RIGGS #1162, AND THE LACLEDE COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT.
--

MaximaGuy

Why is it that everyone overcorrects? Probably over 80% of MSHP's single vehicle fatalities are from people overcorrecting.

jayres

Premium Subscriber
Bala... don't know if you heard me on the radio, I ended up being the second car there, right after LCSD 270... was a messed up deal... they were eastbound, ended up rolling over the median cable, not even touching it and landed in both westbound lanes.... luckily, no westbound traffic hit them. Also, while Medic 1 was on the outer road there in front of the livestock barn (parked off the road, in the grass) a drunk came along and head on'd there ambulance! No one hurt there, but the drunk was SOL!

BaLa

jayres said:
Bala... don't know if you heard me on the radio, I ended up being the second car there, right after LCSD 270... was a messed up deal... they were eastbound, ended up rolling over the median cable, not even touching it and landed in both westbound lanes.... luckily, no westbound traffic hit them. Also, while Medic 1 was on the outer road there in front of the livestock barn (parked off the road, in the grass) a drunk came along and head on'd there ambulance! No one hurt there, but the drunk was SOL!

yeah I did...
I was actually at the WIC office sitting in the car when the call came thru...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.