• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

EEPRM CS ERROR on a Ht1250 vhf

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Just had this happen on my portable. While flashing a new scan list had a call and sent the info, upon return from the call, had this message. Need help asap. Thanks for any info.

Astro25

Try re-programming it with an EXACT saved image of the codeplug. Usually a few tries in a row will get it back working... If not, you might have to send it in.

Astro25

Josh

A great percentage of the time, trying to reprogram it (using a real RIB and cable, not one of those knock-off aftermarket RIB-less cables) with a saved codeplug from that radio will bring it back to life. I've had it happen several times, and unfortunately for me, it took a couple of these errors to make me ditch that stupid aftermarket RIBless thing and use standard RIB + Cable, so I hope that's not the predicament you're in.

-Josh

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
No need to depot the radio, it's a fairly easy problem to fix. The radio just needs to be reflashed if it won't accept a saved codeplug.

Jake10021

After hours of searching I finally fixed the same problem on my own HT1250 VHF. Instead of using my current version of CPS (6.10.02) I had to go back and load my saved code plug using CPS (6.04.00). Hope this works for you too. I was dreading having to send the radio back to Motorola the day after I bought it.

Devilz311

After hours of searching I finally fixed the same problem on my own HT1250 VHF. Instead of using my current version of CPS (6.10.02) I had to go back and load my saved code plug using CPS (6.04.00). Hope this works for you too. I was dreading having to send the radio back to Motorola the day after I bought it.

I know i'm bringing this thread back to life, but I just had the same issue. Long story short, I accidentally turned the radio off while writing to it. (Legit licensed copy of 06.10.04, using a RIB). EEPRM CS Error when turned back on.

I tried re-writing for about an hour and gave up... Saw this thread, and tried writing the same codeplug using 06.04.00, and it worked on the first try...

Any Moto-guru's know why this is?

DPapay

You can be sure that "fix" will stop working soon, as soon as the software engineers find out. They wouldn't want thier, easy $224. to just reprogram a radio that was sent in to them, to disappear. Quite a nice racket they have there, ha? You used to be able to just write over a unit that was password protected, they put a stop to that one.

DPapay

Too bad there isn't a forum where you could share info like this, where the engineers did not have access to, lets try this,
IF YOU ARE A RADIO ENGINEER, FORGET WHAT YOU READ HERE!!!
That will not work, will it? Oh well.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You can be sure that "fix" will stop working soon, as soon as the software engineers find out. They wouldn't want thier, easy $224. to just reprogram a radio that was sent in to them, to disappear. Quite a nice racket they have there, ha? You used to be able to just write over a unit that was password protected, they put a stop to that one.
You could write over a CPS password protected radio? That doesn't seem right.

DPapay

You could write over a CPS password protected radio? That doesn't seem right.

Depends on which side of the fence you are on, I guess. Being on the "good customer service" side, I have run into customers radios before that were password protected, by another company, and even when the customer contacted that company to try and get that password, they were shunned by that company. They obviously did not care if "thier customer", was taken care of. They obviously only cared that, if another company were to try and do work, they would run into problems. I believe that company is on the "good company service" side of the fence. Anyway, the customer noted this, and told us this would make a big difference in who they would call in the future.

Josh

Password protecting is also used by LTR trunking operators so that nobody can reprogram or clone the radios, that way they can keep better track of things for the sake of their revenue. You can't even read the radio and find out what was in it, b/c the information could then be used to program other radios... another method of control.

But it sucks when you buy one second-hand that is password protected and you can't even write over it, making a useless paperweight unless you have the means of a workaround which isn't always the best move.

okavitch09

Premium Subscriber
cps 04.00.00

I know i'm bringing this thread back to life, but I just had the same issue. Long story short, I accidentally turned the radio off while writing to it. (Legit licensed copy of 06.10.04, using a RIB). EEPRM CS Error when turned back on.

I tried re-writing for about an hour and gave up... Saw this thread, and tried writing the same codeplug using 06.04.00, and it worked on the first try...

Any Moto-guru's know why this is?

Were can I download 06.04.00 at I'm having the same issue

Status
Not open for further replies.