RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 7:30 PM

Ok I just got my GP68. So far I am happy with it but the seller sent me the wrong charger. This on has a plug that looks like a US one but it is shorter so it will not stay in the outlet. The plug is also marked with 230volts 6watts. I have e-mailed the seller but have not heard back yet. Any suggestions as to how to make this work?
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2009, 9:34 PM

GP 68 Are not keypad programmable without a modification done. The Batlabs forums has information as to how to do that. Apparently Big "M" had to add this procedure in order to sell them in the countries they did sell them in. probably if they had done this in the US the FCC would have type accepted them. (Some were) From a marketing aspect though who would want a radio for ham use that couldn't be programmed without going to the dealer. Big"M" later came out with the AP73 for ham use. It is basically the same radio however it could only be programmed for the ham bands. GP68 when modified can be programmed in the ham band as well as others VHF bands. Anyway the ones coming from Hong Kong I understand are coming with the mod done. By the way the Batlabs site has the manual for the GP68. It also has the manual for the AP73(Ham Version which actually goes into more details on programming splits an what nots.) is available on the BL site. As for the chargers Motorola chargers have a low and quick charge setting. The after market ones from Hong Kong are junk. I found an aftermarket one from W&W Manufacturing that works fine for me. Battery Replacement Two Way Radio Wireless Scanner Camcorder Chargers Analyzers/Conditioners It is the Master Charger II.a. You will need the GP68 charging cup if you order one. They are a good radio for what they were designed for. Not a top of the line Motorola but it does a good job. The biggest complaint is that it doesn't do Alpha/Numeric of the memory channels. So you need to either memorize you channels locations or write them down and carry them with you.
Old 07-10-2010, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balou View Post
Quick Programming Instructions

1. In Channel Mode, use Channel Selector knob to go to desired channel.
Ok, I've read through all the manuals and all the Batlabs stuff. My radio is stuck in frequency mode and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it back into channel mode. This thread (which I'm trying to bring back from the dead!) references that same problem for multiple users, but nobody answered the question directly. HELP! I'm sure it's super simple but I just cannot figure it out. Thanks.

Pat
Old 07-26-2010, 9:55 PM

Ok, I figured it out and thought I'd post here for future users. If the channel selector knob will not turn to a desired channel after pressing the "x" button, it's because no channels have been programmed yet. Once you have programmed in a channel setting, pressing the "x" button will toggle between frequency mode and channel mode. Enjoy!
Old 11-03-2010, 6:08 AM

Exclamation Gp68

When I turn it on the keyboard says err.04 and I am unable to program it can anyone tell me how to get the err.04 off of my computer and how to program freq into it
Sponsored links

Old 11-03-2010, 11:52 AM

Question programming...

how do I program a frequency in.. I know I must be dense. I want to program into it freq rx 462.562500 W with an SQL tight 36 and a ctone rx 241.8 can anyone help me??