• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

JT-1000 Field Programming - Display Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Lucky me. I slipped down the stairs and cracked the display of my JT1000.

I have the key and forgot the steps for field programming. I remember how to get in to the programming section with the password from memory but it beeps at me when I try to plug in frequencies etc.

I've downloaded the user manual and have been searching the net, "Batwing Laboratories" http://batlabs.com/ among others, and haven't come up with anything.

Could someone please Private Message me or post the steps?? I don't have the programming equipment and am very very sad....

Thanks in advance, a very very sad..

Jay =(

dmi

Premium Subscriber
With 61 views as of Sun Feb 8 0914 Zulu 2009, can someone please respond with some advice..Anything at all =) It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much,

Jay

Last edited:

KB9LIQ

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm not sure I understand the question. If you are trying to program it without a display good luck with that. It just might be that something is broken now and it will not program from the keypad. I could program one if I had it in hand and the display worked but to be able to tell you step by step I couldn't. Sorry

kb9sxk

MOTOROLA JT1000 PROGRAMMING QUICK NOTES
SELECT CHANNEL ON TOP KNOB.
KEY LEFT OR RIGHT 'ARROW KEYPAD,
SOFT KEYS ON KEYPAD (#1,2, & 3) CORRESPOND TO SELECTIONS ABOVE EACH ON DISPLAY.
CHOOSE 'CHANNEL' (#3 ON KEYPAD).
ENTER PASSWORD «5S1000> AND PRESS BLUE BUTTON ON THE SIDE OF THE RADIO.
* Important note: If radio keypad is disabled and mil not perform any of above with programming key on side, turn ring lock (around channel selector) into 'off lock” position.
TO PROGRAM 'RECEIVE ^FREQUENCY:
CHOOSE 'RX' (RECEIVE) AND THEN 'FREQ* (FREQUENCY). THIS WILL DISPLAY THE CURRENT RECEIVE FREQUENCY ON THAT CHANNEL. YOU CAN THEN ENTER A NEW FREQUENCY USING THE ' * ' KEY AS THE PERIOD. IE. 152.4000 WOULD BE 152*4000. ONCE THAT FREQUENCY IS KEYED IN PRESS THE BLUE BUTTON ON SIDE TO ACCEPT THIS CHANNEL.
TO PROGRAM 'CODE*
ONCE THE FREQUENCY IS ENTERED, THE DISPLAY WILL PROMPT YOU FOR THE 'CODE'. THERE ARE THREE TONE SELECTIONS (GROUPS), 1) CARRIER SQUELCH, 2) DPL, 3) TPL OR PL. SEE ATTACHED SHEET FOR #2 & 3 GROUPS. THE MAJORITY OF THE FREQUENCIES YOU WILL PROBABLY BE USING WILL BE WITH THE #1 GROUP, CARRIER SQUELCH (OPEN OR NO TONE). ALL THIS MEANS IS THAT YOU CAN HEAR EVERYTHING TRANSMITTING AND RECEIVING ON THAT CHANNEL WITHOUT THE TONES FILTERING OUT OTHER USERS.
1) CARRIER SQUELCH - PRESS «0>. AND PUSH BLUE BUTTON ON SIDE TO ACCEPT.
2) PL OR TPL- KEY IN NUMBERS USING '*' AS YOUR PERIOD.
3) DPL - START WITH * # * SIGN AND THEN ENTER NUMBER OR DPL CODE.
ALWAYS PUSH THE BLUE BUTTON ON THE SIDE TO ACCEPT THE CODE ONCE YOU HAVE PUNCHED IN THE NUMBERS.
TO PROGRAM 'TRANSMIT* FREQUENCY:
CHOOSE CTX' (TRANSMIT) AND THEN *FREQ'. THIS WILL DISPLAY THE CURRENT TRANSMIT FREQUENCY ON THAT CHANNEL. YOU CAN THEN ENTER A NEW FREQUENCY USING THE * * ' KEY AS THE PERIOD. IE. 152.4000 WOULD BE 152*4000,
REPEAT 'CODE* STEPS ABOVE ONCE THE 4TX» FREQUECY IS CHOSEN.

GENERAL :
YOU MUST PROGRAM BOTH THE TRANSMIT AND RECEIVE FREQUENCIES SEPARATELY ON EACH CHANNEL.
IF YOU TRY TO ENTER AN INVALID FREQUENCY OR TONE 'ERROR' WELL BE DISPLAYED.
THE HOME KEY WILL ALWAYS BRING YOU BACK ONE STEP OR MENU ON THE DISPLAY.
THE UNIT WILLS TIME OUT AFTER 15 SECONDS IF YOU DO NOT ENTER ANYTHING DURING THE PROGRAMMING PROCESS. JUST REPEAT THE STEPS AGAIN.
FLASHING SQUARE ABOVE 'CHAN' MEANS YOU ARE IN THE PROGRAMMING MODE.
THERE ARE TWO BLACK BUTTONS ON THE SIDE. THE TOP ONE WILL SHOW THE TONE ON THE DISPLAY THAT IS PROGRAMMED ON THE CHANNEL YOU HAVE SELECTED. THE BOTTOM BLACK BUTTON WILL OPEN THE CHANNEL UP SO YOU CAN HEAR EVERYTHING ON THAT CHANNEL (CARRIER SQUELCH). JUST HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN FOR APROX. 5 SECONDS AND YOU WILL HEAR A BEEP. THIS WELL KEEPS THIS FEATURE ON AND THE CHANNEL OPEN, TO DISABLE THIS JUST TURN THE RADIO OFF.
PLEASE REVIEW AND COPY THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE HEADING INTO THE FIELD. THERE ARE OTHER SETTINGS YOU MAY SELECT IF REQUIRED BUT, I WOULD ALWAYS LEAVE THE «POWER' ON HIGH AND DO NOT ADJUST THE BAND AS ALL OF THE FREQUENCIES YOU WILL BE USING WILL BE ON 'WIDE'.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE 'PROGRAMMING KEY' MUST BE ON THE RADIO TO PROGRAM IT MANUALLY. THIS IS THE BLACK PIECE ATTACHED WHERE THE REMOTE SPEAKER MICROPHONE GOES.

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!!

MOTOROLA JT1000 PROGRAMMING QUICK NOTES
SELECT CHANNEL ON TOP KNOB.

THANKS MUCH!.... Everything is intact except the LCD. I had even gotten into programming mode but the only thing that I had forgotten was the keypad order and what each key, 1 2 3, corresponded to. I remembered 1 was RX, 2 was TX and 3 was BAND where it sent you to 3 choices of NFM MID WIDE
and for each TX/RX respectively, had a CTCSS/DPL. The thing was maneuvering the menu. and then you had to hit the right arrow x number of times and 1 for quit.
etc.etc.et.c.

So to sum it all up if I didn't before, I just needed to know, in the blind, the order of keys to press as the display is broke and I imagine it would be rather expensive to be replaced.

Thanks for all the help!! and I think I have what SD70MAC has referred to in his 'signature' as JT1000GOV. I'm assuming this is the 138MHz - 174MHz split. If that qualifies as such, then I have that.

wish I had that list of radios kb9sxk has =) Wouldn't mind having an XTS5000

JAY

Last edited:

ecps92

Try this little PDF file, which is probably what you are looking for

Hmm, it only wants to load as a JPG...yet it's a PDF
I see the file is 580k and we limit PDF's to 195k here.

Lucky me. I slipped down the stairs and cracked the display of my JT1000.

I have the key and forgot the steps for field programming. I remember how to get in to the programming section with the password from memory but it beeps at me when I try to plug in frequencies etc.

I've downloaded the user manual and have been searching the net, "Batwing Laboratories" Batwing Laboratories among others, and haven't come up with anything.

Could someone please Private Message me or post the steps?? I don't have the programming equipment and am very very sad....

Thanks in advance, a very very sad..

Jay =(

Attachments

• 810_JT1000_ProgMan_SUPP2.jpg
    810_JT1000_ProgMan_SUPP2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 3,824
Last edited:

mazda77

Do you have other means to send the PDF?

I would really like to get the PDF. Are you able to send it to an FTP or do you have other means to send it?

Balnk

I am very sorry for the necro posting.

I own a JT1000, have the programming key adaptor, and a four digit code. I don't understand how to enter programming mode. I saw the other thread where in post#7 there is a list of instructions, but I think the list starts after you have entered programming. I don't know how to enter the code in order to get into programming mode.

Anyone help?

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
select the channel you want to edit
press either left or right arrow, you'll see CHAN

Balnk

@chrismol1, thank you! That did the trick.

@RadioCopFFFR, my display is working, well for now it is, but I purchased one for the future. Thank you for the link!

EvergreenZ71

JT1000 programming

Sorry to dredge up an old post ...

I have been searching the web for the PDF of this JT1000 programming guide and have the basic directions from this post ... but would like the PDF stored on my phone as a back-up. Does anyone (ecps92?) have a link to anywhere it is already available online? I would have tried PMing ecps92 directly, but as I'm a newer member who has read but not posted much I can't yet.

Any help locating this?

Status
Not open for further replies.