• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT750 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I'm trying to figure out how to program my HT750 with a after-market USB cable.
Is there some kind of programming mode in which I put the radio into?
So far, I've turned the radio on, plugged in the USB cable, opened up the software, press Read Radio button, it only gives me the option of USB3 port, and I get an error.
I've installed the USB driver that came with the programming cable
I have CPS R06.10.04 by the way
thanks

edit: I just tried it again and it was trying to install the new hardware that was found, and it told me that "Access Denied" when installing the new hardware
whats all this?

SD70MAC

cable

You may make your radio have an EEPROM CS ERROR using the USB cable. I have fixed many of these via this form due to using USB cables ,moto has not fixed the CPS so it will work properly yet. CDM's are the most common to get this error. If you must use this SAVE THE TUNING DATA !!!! and print it as a back up. Also don't use a serial adaptor you will make a worse mistake. I can fix it for a fee if you get an error.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
You may make your radio have an EEPROM CS ERROR using the USB cable. I have fixed many of these via this form due to using USB cables ,moto has not fixed the CPS so it will work properly yet. CDM's are the most common to get this error. If you must use this SAVE THE TUNING DATA !!!! and print it as a back up. Also don't use a serial adaptor you will make a worse mistake. I can fix it for a fee if you get an error.

i havent gotten any errors like that......

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
okay, so can anyone help me to figure out how to get it to read the radio? anyone ever use it before with USB cable?

atkinc088

I just purchased a RIB-less USB cable as well so maybe I can help. First off, what operating system are you doing this on? Secondly, are you connecting the USB end of the cable to the computer then the other end to the radio, turning the radio on, and then starting the software? That's the sequence I did it in and it worked.

And I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I have a question for everyone also regarding programming an HT750. I purchased a used 16 channel HT750 and as I was switching through the channels and I noticed the last two channels (15 and 16) gave out a loud continuous beep tone. I figured that must mean there's nothing programmed for those channels. When I hooked it up to program it sure enough there was nothing programmed for channels 15 and 16. So I went through each channel and programmed them to my needed frequencies and when I got finished with channel 14 I clicked the button to add another channel, entered my frequency data, then clicked to add another channel and entered that data. I wrote the information to the radio and disconnected everything and went to try it out. All of the channels work up to 14. Channels 15 and 16 do that same thing. Is there somewhere else in the software that I need to change a setting so that the radio uses all 16 channels?

Last edited:

RKG

You program your channel data in "Conventional Personalities." You then have to go to the "Zone" screen and point each of the 16 slots to a "conventional personality."

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Regards to tthe using a usb cable, I have windows XP media on my laptop and I have the same CPS and I have never had any issues with the usb cable not working. The only issues I have had was with my VX-354 it would program some times but not all the time.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Okay I'll try that i'm on Vista 32 bit thanks
So far its discovered new hardware and says its ready to use, then I run the CPS and click "Read" and I still get the same error "Couldn't open port."

Last edited:

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
go file, then read and its going to ask you what port you want to use, try that instead of clicking on the read button.

atkinc088

Thanks RKG

Chrismoll, Just an FYI I tried both Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-bit with no luck, but I did get it to work in XP Professional 32-bit. The mini cd that came with the cable had Vista drivers but the device just would not start in either Vista versions. In case yours actually works in Vista you can see what port the cable is using by going into the device manager and going to COM devices and it'll say what port the cable is using. Then when the CPS software asks you what port to use just select the correct one.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Thanks RKG

Chrismoll, Just an FYI I tried both Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-bit with no luck, but I did get it to work in XP Professional 32-bit. The mini cd that came with the cable had Vista drivers but the device just would not start in either Vista versions. In case yours actually works in Vista you can see what port the cable is using by going into the device manager and going to COM devices and it'll say what port the cable is using. Then when the CPS software asks you what port to use just select the correct one.

It only gives me option for USB3 on the drop down menu. thanks for the help, i guess its a no go on vista, no problem though, just wanted to try

shootindwn

I have had no luck with VISTA and have been warned to stay clear of it for programming for the time being. I went back to XP on the laptop and programmed all my Motorola and GE radios without any trouble. I have a ribless cable for my HT's but it's not USB it serial (I use a serial to usb adapter). No issues useing XP and this set up.

crwjoe

serial cable ht750

I have a 25 pin ht750 serial program cable but I was wondering if any one has any luck using this type. I notice that some of you have used a usb cable. Can some of you point me in the right direction to were you purchased yours. I want to make sure I get one that works. Also has any one had any luck using those 5 in one set ups.

I have ht750's, cm300's, ht1000's, and gp300's

Thank you,

Joe

anhoard

I seem to have lost the Drivers CD for my aftermarket USB programming cable. I have the HT750 with the USB cable. If anyone would be willing to email me the drivers, I would be greatly appreciative.

Send to: andrew.hoard@att.net

Thank you,
Andrew
Collierville, TN

wymank

I use CPS on Windows 7 using a RIBLESS USB Cable for HT750, HT1250, Etc's and it works fine! Radio has never hissed or anything.

psc

Mororola ht-750

I have programming software for the ht-750 but I have Windows 7. Is there a way I can use the program.

goro

i just loaded the software to program my portable. i am unable to read the radio after i hook it up. i double checked the comport number. is there a specific setting on the port like the minitor programming requires?

SCPD

QRT
Moto part number

I use CPS on Windows 7 using a RIBLESS USB Cable for HT750, HT1250, Etc's and it works fine! Radio has never hissed or anything.

Do you happen to know the motorola part number for your ribless USB cable?
I was given a laptop with windows 7 to use for programming. The computer does not have a 15 pin din on it, only USB ports.

I need to be able to program HT750's and CDM1250's. I,ve been programming both with a desktop with a comport. But I;m just not in the mood to try to retrieve thousands of units because they need to be set to 12.5.
I'd rather just go around to the different places and do it with a laptop.

I've already tried programming some MotoTrbo mobiles (XTS4550's?) and that works.
(I'm still a little fuzzy on my MotoTrbo model numbers, even though I've got a couple dozen now).

Anyone think that a serial to USB adapter will work for me? I can buy anything Moto makes, so getting the authentic cables is not a problem.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.