• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor V Engineer Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

abross

Hello. I already have seen many useful links about engineer mode for both minitor's III and IV, but am having much trouble finding the source for unlocking engineer mode for the minitor V. I have been told that it involves messing around with the executable file. But I just can't figure it out. If someone here could PM me with instructions, I would be greatful. Thank you.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I've been through this about a year ago on a yahoo groups board. The Minitor V PPS does in fact have a file for engineer login but its a feature that was left in the software coding from the previous minitor programming software.
There is no engineer mode for the minitor 5. So far no one has come up with the way to add a second channel to a one channel minitor 5, or so thats the latest that i've heard. When I had the minitor V PPS, i searched everywhere on this and came up with the simple conclusion that there isn't any mode like this on there.

abross

I never really got a great look at it, but it allows you to see many different, more advanced options that let you basically optimize the capabilities of the pager. I won't be able to tell for sure until I can actually access it.

pddispatcher

I've been through this about a year ago on a yahoo groups board. The Minitor V PPS does in fact have a file for engineer login but its a feature that was left in the software coding from the previous minitor programming software.
There is no engineer mode for the minitor 5. So far no one has come up with the way to add a second channel to a one channel minitor 5, or so thats the latest that i've heard. When I had the minitor V PPS, i searched everywhere on this and came up with the simple conclusion that there isn't any mode like this on there.

For real man,

There is such a thing as Engineer Mode for Minitor V and the information is available on batlabs.com

I have made the changes and it works great. I changed my Minitor V 1 CH to a 2 CH in 20 seconds.

abross

I wasn't able to find it. If you are talking about the topics on their discussion board, then I'm out of luck because i can't register to view the ones I need. Can you just PM me with the instructions? Thanks.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
For real man,

There is such a thing as Engineer Mode for Minitor V and the information is available on batlabs.com

I have made the changes and it works great. I changed my Minitor V 1 CH to a 2 CH in 20 seconds.

Would you be willing to provide a link or anything on this information?
I'm sure willing to find out this information as well as others
thanks

abross

I do want to know too, but the only place, batlabs.com, won't allow anyone to register, so I can't see the topics with instructions of how to do it. Anybody wanna share the knowledge?

abross

People who aren't already members of the batlabs forum can't view these topics because we can't register. Would you be able to copy these instructions down for us?

tcash158

minitor v engineer mode

Keep in mind that you can change the band split if vhf to uhf but the electronics in the pager will not let it recieve on any other frequency than what the pager was made for.

abross

Unlike the minitor III and IV, the minitor V's engineer mode is only accessible by changing something in the actual program. I know that people have done this, but I have no way of figuring it out.

RBMTS

I performed the modification to the PPS exe program and it works perfectly. Finally a way to make some much needed modifications.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Do some of you get off on bragging that you know the trick, but not posting it? Make you feel special that you know some super duper secret handshake? Get a life, for Christ's sake. :evil: I also can't understand how anyone who has a Batboard account can't seem to find this, it's right at the top of the Moto Paging section. Maybe you need your eyes checked. :roll:

Last edited:

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Some of us don't have a batlabs account

But thanks for posting the PDF here

So....You can edit if the pager is VHF, UHF, Lowband?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm sitting here looking at your user profile on batboard right now.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
And no, you CANNOT change the band the pager operates on just by clicking a few keys. Different bands use different hardware/RF boards. Even changing the bandsplit within the same band can degrade performance, possibly to the point where the pager is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.