• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Speaker Microphone differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

joekansas

I bought a pair of handheld radios a while back locally at an auction. Standard HX230s marine band walkies. One came with a Motorola model 50225 speaker mike attached. The speaker mike works good.

Thought I'd get another one for the other walkie (make them more attractive to resell) and looked on ebay and found a pair for sale and bid on them, got out bid and am looking further.

Anyway, after I get to looking on the net and more on ebay, I find other model number motorola speaker-mics with the same 2 (2 pole) pin motorola plug,

For example, the hmn9725d and the hnm9026. Some models looked like one of the pins were 3 pole, but not those 2.

What are the chances that the 50225 and the 2 aforementioned hmn models are interchangeable? The 50225 seems to be an accessory for those "Motorola Talkabout" radio sets. Is it a one size fits all scenario with this type of microphone as long as the 2 pins are both 2 pole and not three?

Last edited:

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
A lot of those two pin microphones work in other radio's. You just need to verify that the pins match up correctly. Or, if you are industrious, you could lob the end off and resolder it.

avguy

I think these might be helpful:

RadiotoConnectorTable_2.jpg

ConnectorTable_3.jpg

joekansas

Thanks for providing those pages. I appreciate it very much.

I see M1 and S1, so off I go to google and try to find the exact difference. I could find more than a few references to dimensions for the M series, but not any for the S type. Oh well....

I called a place that had things for sale on Ebay- Henry Radio- and asked them some questions the other day. Man on the phone told me that the style I was looking for was Consumer grade and what they sold was Commercial grade, and that there in fact were diffferences in dimensions and they wouldn't interchange.

Anyhow, this is all water under the bridge. I broke down and did a buy it now on a pair of the model 50225's some guy had on Ebay. I paid more than what I had bid on the other set- so I lose money on every transaction- but that's the price you pay when you have no patience.....

JASII

Memory Capacity
Motorola 53724 Speaker Microphone for BlackBerry Curve 8320

I have a BlackBerry Curve 8320 and I would like to use something like the Motorola 53724 Speaker Microphone for Talkabout Radios so that I can clip the speaker near my collar and lsiten to MP3s without having my ears covered. Does anybody know if that speaker microphone would work in that application? All I really care about is the speaker function. I have tried reading the specifications, but I can't tell what size the connector is. I know my BlackBerry Curve 8320 has a 3.5 mm jack, but I can't tell if the speaker microphone plug is compatible. (It also looks like it can be had for under $20 on Ebay shipped to the door.)

Newegg.com - MOTOROLA 53724 Remote Speaker Microphone

Speaker/Microphone - Motorola Walkie Talkies - Motorola USA

Motorola 53724 Speaker Microphone for Talkabout® Radios - RadioShack.com

Status
Not open for further replies.