RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 8:02 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

No problem, glad to help.

Ed
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2009, 8:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

You wouldnt know how to get the radio to scan would you? I've entered the number of channels i want to scan, (3) and i clicked write to radio and i go under utilities and scan is not an option. What im i not doing?
Old 11-01-2009, 8:26 PM
Site Staff
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Assuming your CPS config is correct, Scan would not be under Utilities - it would be in the Main Menu.
Old 11-01-2009, 8:50 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

ok, i've found the scan table now what?
Old 11-13-2009, 7:31 PM

Default Help

dixie729 hey i have a question for you i recently purchased a gp 360 off ebay and it to came with that little cd well i was having the same problem you were when you click read the radio it gives me this error CAN NOT CREATE, UNKNOWN RADIO COMPONENT. what did you do to fix that .... if you can help me out i would greatly appreciate it thank you
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2009, 8:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Did it come with a programming cable?
Old 12-30-2009, 6:55 PM

dixie729, Hey i have the same question for you as zealfox i get the same message when i try to read the radio, how did you get it too work? I have the programming cable provided from the ebay seller as well as an aftermarket ribless usb cable? thanks for any help you could give
Old 02-26-2010, 11:30 AM

Not trying to dig up an old post, but I too have the GP360 and have been trying to get the cable to read the radio. I need help on getting the serial port able to read the radio. Any assistance? I am getting error: "Can not create uknown radio component".

Last edited by DT1265; 02-26-2010 at 12:40 PM..
Old 02-27-2010, 6:51 PM

I get that same error when trying to read with a different software other than the one that came with my GP380. Do some research and see about getting your hands on the European version of the CPS or verify the version you have is a european version. If that doesnt solve the problem I would try a different cable and see if that helps.
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2010, 7:03 PM

I got it figured out, it was a simple hardware issue on my end. Now just trying to figure out how to get beyond the 16 channels.
Old 03-08-2010, 9:18 AM

Default Help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie729 View Post
i got my computer to read my radio. Now does anyone know how to program the frequences to the channels and everything?
is there anyway you can help me with my radio? I got a gp380 and having troubles. Please email me at arsonsfd@yahoo.com
thanks
jessie
Old 06-03-2010, 4:46 AM

I've got the same problem.

I have a Motorola GP380. This has the programming cable.

I have tried to ComTest software and this finds the radio without any problems at all.

I've been using the following two versions of programming software:

- CPS Version R03.08.03 Professional GP300/GM300 series CPS.
- CPS Version D03.02.01 series CPS

Neither of these works. The radio can be found and using the ComTest software on ALL COM ports without any issues.

I have tried this on Windows XP Pro SP3 as well as an older copy of Windows 2000 Pro and get the same issue on BOTH machines.

Any ideas???
Old 07-16-2010, 2:42 PM
Default to dixie729

How did you get your computer to read your device mine is saying the same message as yours. Thanks
Old 07-16-2010, 8:15 PM

I've since been able to get an older machine running Windows 2000 to read and write the codeplug.

The only changes I made were to the hardware settings for the COM ports. I changed what appeared to the default 9600 setting up to the maximum and rebooted the machine. I also went through any services that may have had conflicts with com port access and either stopped them, uninstalled them or just killed the processes. For whatever reason, the system now reads from and writes to the radio just fine.
Old 09-24-2010, 8:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie729 View Post
I got my computer to read my radio. Now does anyone know how to program the frequences to the channels and everything?
I have the same thing only I can not get my computer to recognize the usb cable, it wants a driver and i can not locate one for the gp360 and i have that same small disk.
Sponsored links
Old 02-16-2011, 6:03 PM

Unhappy help to?

I have a gp360 and every time when i go to Read Device it says:
CAN NOT CREATE, UNKNOWN RADIO COMPONENT.
Can anyone help please I am trying to use it for my firehouse
the guy off ebay included no instructions and I am lost
Old 04-02-2012, 9:25 AM

Default Can not create, unknown radio component

The person that programmed our radios did it with an XP machine. I have tried with Win7 using a USB to serial dongle, I put the Win7 lapotp on a docking station to use the com port, I realized I have a desktop that is XP, I loaded CPS, I run the Comtest nd it sees the radio - I still get the same error no matter what "CAN NOT CREATE, UNKNOWN RADIO COMPONENT". It is though the CPS program cannot see via the com port. I have read several articles that said CPS would ask which port, I don't get that. I am trying to program the GP360, the GM360, and a repeater CDM750. I have tried CPS versions Professional GP300/GM300 R03.11.15, Professional Radio CPS R06.12.04, and Professional Radio CPS R04.00.00. I am using a Maxton Model RPC-M300XX RIB. This RIB has been used successfully before but now when I try it gets this error. Anything I haven't tried yet? I am in Afghanistan and I just can't run to my local Motorola shop to get help.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 5:54 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Try uninstalling the software. It will only work on a windows xp or 2000 machine.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk