RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 10:25 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Exclamation Cdm 1250

So i have Motorola cdm 1250 an everytime i go to talk on the mic an key the button it makes a "chirping sound" like the sound the ht 1250's make when the battery is dieing is there a way in the program to shut this annoying chriping sound off??
Sponsored links
Old 07-06-2010, 7:53 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default CDM chirp Chirp

Double Check your Power Source/Supply and wiring for voltage dfrops under current load. When the voltage drops to about 11-11.5 volts on the back two pins of the radio during TX it give a low battery indicator. It could be a corroded connection in the line I have seen that drop the voltage just enough to Bleep Bleep!

Get a good volt meter and trace the power path to ground while keying and you probably will find the problem.
It is annoying when things look good but I have always been able to find something. Had a bad fuse holder once,spade lug on the battery,bad splice connector etc.

I have about 40 CDM1550s in my fleet.

Good Luck

Last edited by SCFCPD7; 07-06-2010 at 7:56 AM..
Old 07-06-2010, 5:52 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks

hooked it up to a bigger power supply an the chirp went away
Old 07-09-2010, 3:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick223 View Post
Thanks

hooked it up to a bigger power supply an the chirp went away
You already got the correct answer, but here is another story about the same issue: I had a CDM-1250 in a fire truck where it would do that whenever the halogen lightbar was on and the engine was at an idle. Fine while driving, but park the truck and try to give an on-scene report and it would chirp-chirp and cancel the transmit.

Brian
Old 11-15-2010, 3:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFCPD7 View Post
Double Check your Power Source/Supply and wiring for voltage dfrops under current load. When the voltage drops to about 11-11.5 volts on the back two pins of the radio during TX it give a low battery indicator. It could be a corroded connection in the line I have seen that drop the voltage just enough to Bleep Bleep!

Get a good volt meter and trace the power path to ground while keying and you probably will find the problem.
It is annoying when things look good but I have always been able to find something. Had a bad fuse holder once,spade lug on the battery,bad splice connector etc.

I have about 40 CDM1550s in my fleet.

Good Luck
I have a 2003 F-350 Powerstroke Diesel, Do you know what would make the engine RPM's decrease whenever I transmit on my CDM1250?
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2010, 3:34 PM

load on that alternator i would guess

Tags
cdm cdm 1250, motorola