• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1000 Programming Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I recently purchased a motorola HT1000 with the intention of programming it myself, as I have done in the past with several HT1250s. Unfortunately, When attempting to read it with CPS (R06.04.00) through an Ebay purchased ribless serial cable, I receive a "Couldn't open port. Check whether device/rib are powered on or not, and the device to Rib..." error. Ive attempted this with two cables, three different computers, and two radios. All the same error. I've tried this on Windows XP and ME. The radio seems as though its going into programming mode, and clicks back into how it is regularly. I have already reloaded the drivers for my serial port.

That said, any ideas?

EMTLJB

Two ideas (without any documentation in front of me):
1 - is this the proper software to program the HT1000? It does not use the same software as the 1250s
2 - did you boot the computer and run CPS in DOS? While the proper program will boot with the command prompts available within Windows, it will not function properly.

Two ideas (without any documentation in front of me):
1 - is this the proper software to program the HT1000? It does not use the same software as the 1250s
2 - did you boot the computer and run CPS in DOS? While the proper program will boot with the command prompts available within Windows, it will not function properly.

I was under the impression that all of the HT series are programmable by the same version of CPS.

I have CPS installed under XP. How do I run it from dos?

I've used this program before to program without any problems.

stagnuts

It can not be done on Windows XP. I have only been able to do it with Windows 98 or older. The computer needs to be in true DOS mode. Which XP can't do. And no it is a different CPS from the 1250. The software for the 1000 can be found just doing a search on the internet. Let me know if ya need any help.

bezking

Stop. You have the wrong CPS.
HVN9025 applies to the HT750, 1250, and 1550 as well as the respective CDM mobile models.

For HT1000 you need RSS RVN4098H. This costs $265 and requires a computer that runs straight DOS, with a 30mHz processor and 640k of RAM (think 1980s). Trying to run it on any other PC will not work, and you may destroy the radio in the process. Honestly, you are best off selling the HT1000 and buying an HT750, which can be programmed with the 1250 software.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
can i program any ht1000 with RSS 03.03.00, if not what are those conditions?

thank you

X

xts3000r

i dont know. but i do know. there are a lot. it been out for years. so it could be 3.03.00 to 5.0.0 sorry i cant be a big help. i would sell it and get a ht750

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
This costs $265 and requires a computer that runs straight DOS, with a 30mHz processor and 640k of RAM (think 1980s). Trying to run it on any other PC will not work, and you may destroy the radio in the process.

Any older computer capable of running DOS will usually work.

As long as it's boots into DOS it should be fine.

I've used 1990's vintage Compaq laptops and early 2000's Thinkpad's without problems.

Last version was released April 21st, 1998 so it should work on any computer built before or around that time frame.

Unfortunately, the RSS is no longer available:

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Item Number. RVN4098H
spacer.gif
* Item has been cancelled
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
VISAR/HT1000/JT1000 PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE
Unit of Measure: 1 EA

Status
Not open for further replies.