RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 11:05 PM

Default HT1250 LS+ Help

Hey I'm looking to program an HT1250LS+ with the FRS/GMRS frequencies and some questions came up when doing some research I want to be able to use Quick Call but read this:

"There are two tiers of LS+ radios...limited & full, basically. Your model is the lower tier...only capable of 18 conventional personalities, with no MDC signalling. Your model number needs to end in "7AN" or "9AN" to have the full capabilities. Yours likely ends in "6AN", correct? Unfortunately, you're pretty well stuck with what you have."

My radio does end in 6AN so basically I only can have 18 conventional channels but can I use Quick Call or not? I also noticed after some youtube research of the HT1250 I have nowhere near the amount of options when I hit the menu button?

Last edited by Jonezy; 08-09-2010 at 11:11 PM..
Sponsored links

Old 08-10-2010, 9:10 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

motorola ht1250 ls+

According to post 7 on the link above your HT1250 LS+ will not do signalling such as MDC1200 and QC call.

The menu items can be activated in the CPS. In my CPS their are areas where I cant activate things like group scan (Only a feature on LS models). You are likely to see the same when you attempt to change the menu items when programming the radio.
Old 08-10-2010, 2:51 PM

Default Ok Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxplurr06 View Post
motorola ht1250 ls+

According to post 7 on the link above your HT1250 LS+ will not do signalling such as MDC1200 and QC call.

The menu items can be activated in the CPS. In my CPS their are areas where I cant activate things like group scan (Only a feature on LS models). You are likely to see the same when you attempt to change the menu items when programming the radio.
Thank you VERY much. Finally a simple Yes or No answer... haha
Old 08-10-2010, 7:15 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

No problem. The next thing to do is sell that radio on ebay or the RR classifieds, so you can put the money towards a real HT1250.
Old 08-10-2010, 7:18 PM

Default ehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxplurr06 View Post
No problem. The next thing to do is sell that radio on ebay or the RR classifieds, so you can put the money towards a real HT1250.
Well for simple FRS/GMRS operations while hiking and playing MilSim it will work fine.
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2010, 7:22 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Oh, I assumed you needed that feature, but yes it will work great for it.
Old 08-10-2010, 7:54 PM

Default Another Question

As I was flipping through the current programming on it I kinda of realized if this is supposedly only 16 conventional frequencies....I thought about how many frequencies are actually in it....I hope you can help again. Town's LTR trunking system has 6 trunked frequencies that cover Fire, Police, EMS, Schools, Parks & Recreation, and Townwide plus the 2 conventional fireground frequencies, and a conventional Townwide frequency. AND 15 Non-Trunked Frequencies that are for our use when providing coverage for other towns.

So in that link you sent me Post # 3 contradicts Post # 7?
Old 08-11-2010, 8:22 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I believe you are saying that the current code plug contains 17 conventional frequencies along with the current trunked system. Is this correct?

The best thing to do is is load your current programming and see if it will take 18 channels. You may also want to make sure you are not able to program signalling which you originally wanted. The best way to find out is to try it yourself.