• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Maxtrac 300

Status
Not open for further replies.

WQOC472

Hello, i looking for some info into the Motorola Maxtrac 300 UHF 8ch 40w Radio. Basically im looking for programming software, and a manual. i just purchased this radio and i need some help with it. im new to Motorola (im a Kenwood guy) i found this radio in Like New condition online and if anyone has programming software and cable as well as a manual they would like to sell please let me know. or, if there is any place online to find a manual to download that would be great. i have looked and cant find anything. Thanks.

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
the software has been out of production for years, i don't know if you can even order it from M anymore. for the cable you just need the ribless cable available at any number of locations online, the same one fits the Maxtrac/Radius/etc.. radios.

there is not a lot of options to the 8 chan model, basically it is change channels, scan, and maybe horn/lights output-but i think tha twas only on the 32 chan models.

the Maxtrac is a solid radio, but i really hope you did not give much for it. the reference oscillator crystal is likely bad in it unless it has been changed in the last few years, they go bad quicker sitting on a shelf than actually in service. this crystal is about 60.00 plus probably close to 100.00(depending on local labor rates) to install/align the crystal. plus with narrowbanding coming up it will be good only for HAM use.

WQOC472

Thanks, Bought it off eBay for $30.00. It was brand new in the box with everything included. before it was shipped to me a radio tech checked out the radio, so i think it should be okay. i bought this radio for use with my local emergency mgt. it was cheap so i thought i would get it to use until they switch to narrowband.

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
yeah then it should be ok.

you would come out cheapest just taking it to a local moto shop and getting them to program it, most charge 30-40.00 to program. the cable will cost you that, and the software will run a couple hundred for a LEGAL copy. just make sure you have all the correct freqs and pl/dpl codes. most shops charge per time they program, so if you supply the wrong info you will pay again!

emt603

Feed Provider
You can find out some more information about that radio at batlabs.com, just don't ask for software over there or you will be banned instantly.

ramakc

Premium Subscriber
Users Gide To the Maxtrac 2 way radios

Good evening: Several amateur operators in the Kansas City area are working on a users guide for the MaxTrac 300, 16 and 24 channel transceiver. We are in the final stages of putting this guide together. There will be pictures and detailed information available in a few days. There will be a link on Larrylist.info that takes the reader to a pdf file that can be printed. Please check LARRY'S LIST - Events Online in a few days. In order to get this information, you may have to subscribe to Larrylist, there is no charge. Please note that we are amateur radio operators, not professional technical writers or professional journalists. We hope the Users Guide will be published within a week of 3 OCT 2012, and will be a useful guide to amateur operators. Please do NOT send me an email asking questions as that will just slow the process of finishing the User Guide.

Ross Taggart, WØRCT

Status
Not open for further replies.