RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 8:25 AM

Default Motorola Maxtrac 300

Hello, i looking for some info into the Motorola Maxtrac 300 UHF 8ch 40w Radio. Basically im looking for programming software, and a manual. i just purchased this radio and i need some help with it. im new to Motorola (im a Kenwood guy) i found this radio in Like New condition online and if anyone has programming software and cable as well as a manual they would like to sell please let me know. or, if there is any place online to find a manual to download that would be great. i have looked and cant find anything. Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2010, 9:30 AM

the software has been out of production for years, i don't know if you can even order it from M anymore. for the cable you just need the ribless cable available at any number of locations online, the same one fits the Maxtrac/Radius/etc.. radios.

there is not a lot of options to the 8 chan model, basically it is change channels, scan, and maybe horn/lights output-but i think tha twas only on the 32 chan models.

the Maxtrac is a solid radio, but i really hope you did not give much for it. the reference oscillator crystal is likely bad in it unless it has been changed in the last few years, they go bad quicker sitting on a shelf than actually in service. this crystal is about 60.00 plus probably close to 100.00(depending on local labor rates) to install/align the crystal. plus with narrowbanding coming up it will be good only for HAM use.
Old 09-28-2010, 9:45 AM

Thanks, Bought it off eBay for $30.00. It was brand new in the box with everything included. before it was shipped to me a radio tech checked out the radio, so i think it should be okay. i bought this radio for use with my local emergency mgt. it was cheap so i thought i would get it to use until they switch to narrowband.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:04 AM

yeah then it should be ok.

you would come out cheapest just taking it to a local moto shop and getting them to program it, most charge 30-40.00 to program. the cable will cost you that, and the software will run a couple hundred for a LEGAL copy. just make sure you have all the correct freqs and pl/dpl codes. most shops charge per time they program, so if you supply the wrong info you will pay again!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:40 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You can find out some more information about that radio at batlabs.com, just don't ask for software over there or you will be banned instantly.
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2010, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt603 View Post
You can find out some more information about that radio at batlabs.com, just don't ask for software over there or you will be banned instantly.

And check on Welcome to Repeater Builder Dot Com
Look for the informative Maxtrac articles under the Motorola tab.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:48 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

There are websites overseas that offer it. One word of warning though, run it through you virus software first before using. Even Lab is availible if you look hard enough.
Old 10-03-2010, 1:00 AM

Default Info you want

Take a look here
Motorola MaxTrac / Radius / GM300 Index Page
you will find there also schematic

as for software thats depend if it is a trunked radio or conventional as there are two software one for conventional and other for trunk

Good luck
Ronen- 4Z4ZQ
Ronen Pinchooks (4Z4ZQ) WebSite
Old 03-06-2012, 5:51 PM

Are you still looking for the software?
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Users Gide To the Maxtrac 2 way radios

Good evening: Several amateur operators in the Kansas City area are working on a users guide for the MaxTrac 300, 16 and 24 channel transceiver. We are in the final stages of putting this guide together. There will be pictures and detailed information available in a few days. There will be a link on Larrylist.info that takes the reader to a pdf file that can be printed. Please check LARRY'S LIST - Events Online in a few days. In order to get this information, you may have to subscribe to Larrylist, there is no charge. Please note that we are amateur radio operators, not professional technical writers or professional journalists. We hope the Users Guide will be published within a week of 3 OCT 2012, and will be a useful guide to amateur operators. Please do NOT send me an email asking questions as that will just slow the process of finishing the User Guide.

Ross Taggart, WRCT