RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 9:00 AM

Question Minitor 5 Split Band Change

Good Morning All,

I tried to search this on the forums but didn't find any info.

My Minitor 5 is UHF with a Split Band of E. I need to change this to a K Split Band, so it can be prg with our new freqs (495's -496ish)

Does anyone do this, or know where I can get a new board or have it done? Our local communication company charges $40 just to "look" at it and they are taxed with REprogramming of all the radios for the new county system.

Figured it was worth asking.

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2011, 10:19 AM

that far out of band and it won't work properly with the current hardware. you could order new receiver boards and do it, IF you have the service equipment to align it.

i would imagine by the time you buy new boards and pay someone to align them that you would get fairly close to the cost of new units. Moto does not even have a service manual out for the MV, least not that i ever found. you could check with Unication, as they are the ones who make the things anyway. i don't know of anyone off hand that works on V's, even Moto just ships a new unit when you send one in for repair, but there may be a few.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisFFEMT View Post
Good Morning All,

I tried to search this on the forums but didn't find any info.

My Minitor 5 is UHF with a Split Band of E. I need to change this to a K Split Band, so it can be prg with our new freqs (495's -496ish)

Does anyone do this, or know where I can get a new board or have it done? Our local communication company charges $40 just to "look" at it and they are taxed with REprogramming of all the radios for the new county system.

Figured it was worth asking.

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!
OK - this has been covered over and over. Please use the search feature as most of the time
the answers are already on this web site. See only two of the many threads on this subject
below. You can not change the band split simply by using software alone.

Minitor V Programming

Minitor V VHF to UHF
Old 02-17-2011, 1:52 PM

WoW, Fineshot1, sorry. If you read my post I did try the search and didn't find what I was looking for. Further, if you read the post, you'd see I wasn't asking about just software prg like the post you referenced. I did read that....I asked about the HARDWARE too (IE, board).

Anywho, I found out the freq that will be used for dispatch and I'll be ok with things the way they are. I appreciate the help, Davidgcet.

Last edited by KrisFFEMT; 02-17-2011 at 1:55 PM.. Reason: added additional information
Old 02-17-2011, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisFFEMT View Post
WoW, Fineshot1, sorry. If you read my post I did try the search and didn't find what I was looking for. Further, if you read the post, you'd see I wasn't asking about just software prg like the post you referenced. I did read that....I asked about the HARDWARE too (IE, board).

Anywho, I found out the freq that will be used for dispatch and I'll be ok with things the way they are. I appreciate the help, Davidgcet.
Not sure why you are so put out by my response.

I simply stated a fact that there are way too many threads and posts on this very subject.

You may also want to try using google as it sometimes finds things that even the RR
search engine does not on the RR web site. Just trying to help you help yourself in
finding info for your future RR searches.

NOTE: Unfortuneately a lot of times people post info and miss-spell words so not all
RR searches are gonna find what your looking for. To avoid that I also page through
the forums of interest and look over the titles and if it even resembles what I am
looking for I give it the once over.
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2013, 12:53 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Hi, my minitor V is a (E: 453 - 461.9875 MHz) band split and found through other forums and doing a little writing (engineering mode), I have my minitor now set for (F: 460-475) my F1: 460.600 works fine, well as good as its going to get, the squelch stays open after they are done talking and I have to manually clear it, I was told its a "birdie" in the frequency, but my F2: 472.3175 wont receive anything. any idea's?
Old 10-17-2013, 2:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantzc93 View Post
Hi, my minitor V is a (E: 453 - 461.9875 MHz) band split and found through other forums and doing a little writing (engineering mode), I have my minitor now set for (F: 460-475) my F1: 460.600 works fine, well as good as its going to get, the squelch stays open after they are done talking and I have to manually clear it, I was told its a "birdie" in the frequency, but my F2: 472.3175 wont receive anything. any idea's?
You are too far out of split. Split F is actually 462.0000 to 469.9875. Changing the software alone doesn't mean it will work. Your 1st freq is still within the old split so the fact that it is working is not surprising. If you haven't changed the hardware then it's likely that the 472 freq is well outside the range of the receiver in your M5. Each split is tuned and filtered for those specific freqs. Trying to go outside the split by a little is a crap shoot. Going that far out is not likely to work.

Tags
minitor, minitor 5, split band