RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 12:07 PM

Default Minitor V Issue

I have a Minitor V that is having issues and I'm seeking advice. It is a 2-channel stored voice pager. On frequency 1 in Monitor F1 mode it will alert if the correct tones go off, but will only stay open for 5 or 6 seconds. Despite it being in Monitor mode if I key up a radio on that frequency, it won't pick it up. If i hold down the squelch/reset button and key up a radio, then you can hear the transmission. In the other frequency, despite the settings being correct, nothing will come through. I've tried playing with the squelch setting but it didn't work.

I did take this codeplug and loaded it onto another Minitor V and it worked fine, so I'm believing that this is a hardware issue and not a programming issue. Perhaps it is a tuning issue?

I'd love to hear any input anybody has. If it is a hardware issue, should I send it off to an authorized dealer for repair?

Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2011, 12:51 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Check to see if the pager is set to wideband. If so change it to narrowband and see if it works better.
Old 03-19-2011, 5:13 PM

Wide/narrow band doesnt matter in this situation.

Go to your programming, and go to Model Options. Check your reset function setting. Set it to Revert N or it may say Delay_N with Revert.
Old 03-19-2011, 7:03 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

this just happend to one of my Minitor V's vhf stored voice two channel. It was a hardware problem and i had to send it into the motorola depot. Because i didn't have a warranty, i had to pay $78 flat rate but they just sent back a brand new pager.

hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2011, 9:17 PM

I would also think that it is a hardware issue. If you took the same codeplug and put it in a new pager and it worked just fine. Than it has to be a hardware problem.
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2011, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagnuts View Post
I would also think that it is a hardware issue. If you took the same codeplug and put it in a new pager and it worked just fine. Than it has to be a hardware problem.
Shocking :-)
Old 03-24-2011, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmitty0010 View Post
this just happend to one of my Minitor V's vhf stored voice two channel. It was a hardware problem and i had to send it into the motorola depot. Because i didn't have a warranty, i had to pay $78 flat rate but they just sent back a brand new pager.

hope this helps.
Awesome. I know that this pager is out of warranty because I checked it on the motorola site. When you say motorola depot...do you mean a local repair shop or do you mean motorola itself?