RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 12:17 PM

Default Minitor V Amplified charger station alerting

Hey guys I need a little help/pointing in the right direction. My department is changing dispatch centers and moving to new dispatch and operations channels. My question is as follows. We are setting up a Minitor V with amplified charger in our bunk room for station alerting. Is there a kit out there that we can connect to the charger that allows for visual alerting as well as the normal voice alerting. This is a change from our old system of a tie line direct from the police desk. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2011, 12:34 PM
wizard of odd
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Something like this?

Light relay box for Minitor Fire / EMS Pager Charger - eBay (item 280647813118 end time Mar-28-11 15:57:26 PDT)
Old 03-30-2011, 1:09 PM

That will work. I was also looking for something like an alarm strobe light or something along those lines.
Thanks for that lead!
Old 03-30-2011, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F43F View Post
That will work. I was also looking for something like an alarm strobe light or something along those lines.
Thanks for that lead!
With that relay box, you can connect just about anything you want. It could control a larger relay for a big strobe or house audio alert.

Once you have the relay box, anyone with a fair knowledge of electricity should be able to do what ever you need done with it.
Old 03-30-2011, 2:56 PM

Thanks all for your help. It is much appreciated!
Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2011, 4:17 PM

What I did in our station is wire up two bulbs of our overhead fluorescent fixture to an X10 wall switch, and installed red colored covers over the bulbs. The relay output of the amplified base is connected to an X10 powerflash interface. When the call goes off, it trips the powerflash interface, which sends the signal to switches, which turns on the lights. We used to have the lights come on without the red filters, but the bright lights from a dead sleep was a bit of a shock. The red filters provide enough light to get going, but not too much to be a shock to the system. The lights can be turned off by the wall switch as normal.
X10 makes a bunch of things, and you can get creative, without the need to run a bunch of wires.