• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor V Amplified charger station alerting

Status
Not open for further replies.

F43F

Hey guys I need a little help/pointing in the right direction. My department is changing dispatch centers and moving to new dispatch and operations channels. My question is as follows. We are setting up a Minitor V with amplified charger in our bunk room for station alerting. Is there a kit out there that we can connect to the charger that allows for visual alerting as well as the normal voice alerting. This is a change from our old system of a tie line direct from the police desk. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

F43F

That will work. I was also looking for something like an alarm strobe light or something along those lines.
Thanks for that lead!

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
That will work. I was also looking for something like an alarm strobe light or something along those lines.
Thanks for that lead!
With that relay box, you can connect just about anything you want. It could control a larger relay for a big strobe or house audio alert.

Once you have the relay box, anyone with a fair knowledge of electricity should be able to do what ever you need done with it.

TJ_in_IL

What I did in our station is wire up two bulbs of our overhead fluorescent fixture to an X10 wall switch, and installed red colored covers over the bulbs. The relay output of the amplified base is connected to an X10 powerflash interface. When the call goes off, it trips the powerflash interface, which sends the signal to switches, which turns on the lights. We used to have the lights come on without the red filters, but the bright lights from a dead sleep was a bit of a shock. The red filters provide enough light to get going, but not too much to be a shock to the system. The lights can be turned off by the wall switch as normal.
X10 makes a bunch of things, and you can get creative, without the need to run a bunch of wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.