• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsauve

Before I get to the question let me make this clear: I am NOT asking for software or sources of software!!

The question is can Motorola tell if you installed RSS or CPS without a license agreement. I read on Repeater-Builder that motorola has copy protection in the CPS as a traceable code. Can they find out if you installed the software through this code? Any answers are appreciated.

Z. Sauve

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Before I get to the question let me make this clear: I am NOT asking for software or sources of software!!

The question is can Motorola tell if you installed RSS or CPS without a license agreement. I read on Repeater-Builder that motorola has copy protection in the CPS as a traceable code. Can they find out if you installed the software through this code? Any answers are appreciated.

Z. Sauve

Copy protection is an agreement that you make with Motorola saying you aren't going to give your software out to third parties. Regardless of that agreement, there are people who still give it out- even try to sell it on ebay.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I can tell you that Astro 25 portable and mobile CPS R15 "calls home" or at least zone alarm says it does. I don't care, mine is fully legit and licensed. But I do notice it when I open the PATPORT.EXE and read or write a radio.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I can tell you that Astro 25 portable and mobile CPS R15 "calls home" or at least zone alarm says it does. I don't care, mine is fully legit and licensed. But I do notice it when I open the PATPORT.EXE and read or write a radio.

I run it on a computer that never, ever sees the internet, and it doesn't seem to care.

The reason zone alarm see's your CPS is because with R15, OTAP (over the air programming) is looking at your network for a connection to the Zone Manager/User Database Server

gary123

NO Motorola CPS or RSS calls home.

Rumor has it the Moto did concider this as an option but far too many service centers have laptops and rotate ther comupters or programs arrond that it would be a logistical nightmare to have the software verify before use. This being the situation Moto relies on the licence agreement and their legal staff to enforce the copywright. They are very good at thier job, the cost of CPS is not too outragious and you get the added benifit of support.

The last thing I need is to fly halfway across the country to program up a customers equipment just to find out that the CPs either needs a internet connection to work or to be loaded. Many customers have equip[ment not programmed to the current and DO NOT want to update the version for whatever reason.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Does the Astro software (R15) program all XTS/XTL series radios? Or just the XTS5000 series?

bezking

Astro25 Portable does: XTS1500, XTS2500, XTS5000, PR1500, MT1500, SSE5000
Astro25 Mobile does: XTL2500, XTL5000

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Astro25 Portable does: XTS1500, XTS2500, XTS5000, PR1500, MT1500, SSE5000
Astro25 Mobile does: XTL2500, XTL5000

Misinformation, Ben. Station_Master explained why the firewall was blocking outgoing traffic,and it isn't for the reason you claim. Stop spreading false information.

bezking

Does the Astro software (R15) program all XTS/XTL series radios? Or just the XTS5000 series?

Well Tim, if you take the time to read the newest replies to the thread you'll see I was answering this question by explaining which software does which radio, not trying to answer the OP... :roll:

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Well Tim, if you take the time to read the newest replies to the thread you'll see I was answering this question by explaining which software does which radio, not trying to answer the OP... :roll:
I can't read. I blame the school system.

Status
Not open for further replies.