• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 5000 problem will not turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrench1

Hello,
I have an XTS 5000 That wont turn on. All that happens when you turn the Vol knob on is the led blinks green one time then nothing else. Any help in trouble shotting this would be great. Thanks

Wrench1

it just bought the radio to replace one of my old ones. I went to power it up and this is what i found. I have not heard anything with this radio.

Wrench1

ok. The screen does not come on at all and you hear no beeps no audio you can push all the buttons you like and no lights or anything. I was just reading about stunned and I have seen that when people talk about stunned radios that they get a error message on the screen or something.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
what is the model # what model is it a I,II or III If you just bought it id return it.

n5ims

thats not much help. There must be a way to trouble shoot the radios problem

What folks are saying (and your radio's symptoms indicate) is that the radio was either stolen, cloned, or used on a system where it wasn't supposed to be. The system console operator sent a remote command to the radio to shut it down so it could no longer be used. This command can only be reset by the system that issued the command (although you might get it reset by Motorola using some special software, and they will ask very pointed questions on how the radio got into that state) or if you have saved the radio's "S-Record" prior to it receiving the command there's a chance you might be able to use it to recover the radio.

This command is designed to help make a stolen radio worthless (since it can't be used and recovery very difficult at best unless the radio is returned to the system it was stolen from). It is also used to kill unauthorized radios that show up on a system.

You may want to check the radio's serial number with this database (Global Stolen Radio Database) to see if it has been reported as stolen. If it's listed, you may be able to use that information to help persue who you got the radio from through the PD.

Wrench1

I bought it from a department auction. So i dont see why they would stunn there own radio? So I also dont think that it is stolen.

ffemt601

Does the department in question manage their own system? If so , it might be worth tracking down the admin of the system and finding out if it was stunned.

Wrench1

That part I dont know. It was a large auction with multipal departments. And they did not mark the radios in any way so I cant nail down what department had it.

Wrench1

I just dont get why I woudl have nothing no beeps no screen none of the buttons do or make any noise the only thing that I can make happen is the one green led blink once at start up. I did try and see if I could read the radio and I cant read the radio with cps.

ronenp

According to the symptom the radio is in Inhibit mode

You have two ways overcoming this

1) get a hold on a depot software and using it un inhibit it

2) look any repair shop that can uninhibit the radio and ask them to un inhibit it

Good Luck
Ronen - 4Z4ZQ
Ronen Pinchooks (4Z4ZQ) WebSite

Wrench1

How hard is it to do with the depot tool.
And along with that will the depot tool be able to talk to the radio. Cps will not talk to the radio.

and if I cant get the depot tool will any Moto dealer be able to do this?

Thanks

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
That part I dont know. It was a large auction with multipal departments. And they did not mark the radios in any way so I cant nail down what department had it.

You can ask Motorola to run the serial number to find out who the original purchasing agency was. That might help you, but if it is indeed inhibitied it was done for a reason and getting it uninhibited will probably be difficult.

Doing a second read you said ablove that you can't read it with CPS and might be the sign of a bad controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.