• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro Spectra S-Record Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8GUA

Currently, I have the following type of radio and Flashcode:

D04KKF9PW4AN

100001-000000-7
(P25 Enabled and Conventional Operation Only)

I need an S-Record for the following type of radio:

D04JKF9PW7AN (preferred) or D04KKF9PW7AN (acceptable)

I already own the W7 control head, I just need a way to enable it. Since you can't just hex edit what you want anymore, I need to find an S-Record.

I am trying to make my 146-174 radio do P25 down to 136. The CPS was already hacked to allow the analog half of my radio work all the way down to 136. However, without tuning frequencies, the P25 Tx is way off and doesn't register on other P25 radios, and the P25 Rx is way off, not breaking the squelch when a P25 signal is Rx'd. If possible, I'd like to find a J split P25 capable VCO board to throw in my K split radio once I find a suitable S-Record.

Also, if any of the S-Records out there also have a Flashcode that has 100001 or 500001 as the first string, those are preferred!

Thanks!

KD8GUA

I'm bumping this message up because I really could use some help with this.

At the very least, I need an S-record for a VHF Astro Spectra as follows:

D04KKF9PW7AN with Flash Code: 100001-000000-7

I purchased this radio about two years ago, and I really don't like the W4 control head because of the lack of DTMF capabilities and the additional features that can be accessed by the additional buttons. I own a W7 control head to swap the W4 with, I just need the S-record. A guy on eBay was selling VHF W7's and gave me a code plug when I asked for an S-record, as he didn't know what an S-record was.

I would also like to find out information about opening P25 on this radio down to 136. That would require at least a J-split S-record if anyone has one. If not, I'm going to throw this radio out and look for another brand's used commercial radio that WILL do P25 in 136-174, and is narrowband compliant, and has multiple features.

KD8GUA

I need a low VHF split 136 W7 S record. I currently have a 146 split W4 and want to upgrade it.

mancow

Database Admin
OK, but if you use the 146 split W7 you can still cover the ham bands. Do you need to go below 144?

KD8GUA

Yes. The radio needs to be capable of P25 down to at least 138. I am in a volunteer organization that uses VHF P25 channels outside the Ham band.

No one that I've talked to has ever seen a J split Astro Spectra in real life. That is the one that does 136-162. The only Astros I've seen are the 146-174 split. I don't have the money for an XTL-5000 so in the event this becomes a dead end I need to find other P25 manufacturers that have plentiful used radios available on the web!

Thanks!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
J split are quite common in Ontario where most police services are below 144mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.