• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS2500 on Harris P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCFire11

Can the Xts2500 be programmed to work on a Harris P25 VHF digital system?

Getting the radio activated on the system would be no problem. I like the XTS more than the P5400 Harris radios.

Perhaps this should be in the Harris forum?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
My understanding of it is as long as you have the right flash in the radio (for 9600 P25 trunking) and it's on the right band, you should be able to make an M radio hook up with any P25 system.

NCFire11

So it must have this

Code:
Q361 ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking

in the flashcode somewhere.

Where can you get these customized to your liking? A local(expensive) moto dealer?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
So it must have this

Code:
Q361 ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking

in the flashcode somewhere.

Where can you get these customized to your liking? A local(expensive) moto dealer?

Yup, or unless you know some one who has the capabilities.

NCFire11

Found this on eBay,

Motorola XTS2500 VHF 136-174 Astro P25 Trunking Radio | eBay

Model : H46KDH9PW7AN
HOST : R 09.xx.xx
DSP : R 14.xx.xx
FlashCode :
581018-10168C-9
Code:
Q806/G806	IMBE / APCO-25 Digital Operation
H14/G114	Digital ID Display
H868/W298	Conventional Multikey and Analog Conventional MDC OTAR
G170/H43	Remote Monitor and Radio Trace
Future System Package
H38/G51	Smartzone Operation
Q181	Add StatAlert (MDC1200) Features
W947/Q947	APCO Packet Data
Q387	Conventional voting scan
Q173/G173	Smartzone OmniLink Operation
Q361/G361	Digital APCO-25 IMBE Trunking (9600kb Control)
1B3	Future System Enhancement
1B4	Future System Enhancement

I know this is one of those "No tag" radios, so I dont need a sermon on the obvious negative points about the radio.

I have a cable and the CPS (i think) to program these anyway. All i would need is the Impres charger and battery, and an antenna.

The flash code looks good, and has what I would need for this system. I just cant beat this price, and I would have the Harris radio as backup if needed.

Any opinions?

Jay911

Feed Provider
The right CPS for this radio is Astro25.

You'll need a system key (I think - I haven't done any programming of radios onto a true P25 system, I would imagine so) and thus the express permission of the system operator(s).

NCFire11

The right CPS for this radio is Astro25.

You'll need a system key (I think - I haven't done any programming of radios onto a true P25 system, I would imagine so) and thus the express permission of the system operator(s).

I have Astro 25 Portable CPS R14 i beleive.

And the system key is no problem, especially since its only county wide

Jay911

Feed Provider
The system key is a piece of software (or sometimes a piece of hardware you plug into the PC while you are programming) that is generally very restricted in nature. Only the operators/managers of a system should have access to the system key.

grem467

An issue you might run into is if the system programmers do not have a Motorola compatable system key. If they do not already have motorolas on the network, there is a good chance they will be unable to program it. They will have to order a key from Motorola prior to programming your radio.

PD7503

NCFire11,

Did you ever get your radio working on a Harris system. Our county is going P25 trunked on a Harris P25 system. Myself along with the sys admin and Harris techs have had a terrible time trying to get my Moto radios working on the Harris system. We've got as far as affiliating with the system but having problems with the radio switching to the working channel once assigned by the controller.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.