RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 9:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default HT1250 Repair/Upgrade Needed

I have a refurbished VHF HT1250 Full Keypad with stored voice board installed. The equipment is out of warranty.

1. It apparently needs a new volume pot installed due to variable volume levels inconsistent to volume knob position. I have the replacement volume pot, but don't know the best way to replace it. Should I take it to a computer repair store or does anyone have other recommendations? I have some soldering experience and would probably be comfortable doing the repair with guidance.

2. I also need to update the firmware from R05.12.02 so that I will have all of the newer stored voice options. I have access to CPS, but no current subscription for firmware updates or the necessary cable.

3. I recently attached two different speaker mics and a surveillance earpiece to this radio and found that audio still comes out of the speaker on the portable. I can't seem to find a fix for this on CPS or the radio menu. Ideas please?

Thanks in advance,
scheidjf@gmail.com

Last edited by mathewsvrs; 01-25-2012 at 9:50 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2012, 6:24 PM

Default Budget

Let's start off with asking you how much you want to spend on this radio to repair it.

And if you're going to take it somewhere, take it (or send it) to a radio shop somewhere, not a computer shop.
I think it's been quite the while since any computer shop has done any repair that involved soldering.

As far as the CPS, are you by chance a ham, then what's your call?

Last edited by Wyandotte; 01-26-2012 at 6:30 PM..
Old 01-26-2012, 7:58 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If you are comfortable with your soldering skills, the volume problem may be easily fixed by simply resoldering the control connections on the board. I fix 95% of those problems that way.

The firmware update requires a special cable. You will have to go to a Motorola shop for that.

I've never seen the microphone problem...maybe the firmware update will fix that.

Larry