• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro CPS and XTS 3000 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Astro 25 portable CPS version R16.01.00 to read an XTS 3000 model H09UCF9PW7BN and when it ends reading it I get an error "Open Radio Failed, Error Context: 24, Status: c000039e. Does this means this radio is not supported by this software or am I doing something wrong ? When I go to the radio service menu ( pressing side button II five times after self test) I get the following information, R 7.71.06, DSP 08.03.05 Flashcode 100004-000000-4, 1MEG. Any help solving or overcoming this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jose

ASTRO2001

Cps wrong

You can't use ASTRO 25 CPS TO PROGRAM A XTS3000 that is a different CPS it is the ASTRO SABER & XTS3000 CPS. See Motorola did a dumb thing when they build the radio CPS software there is 3 different CPS software for the following radios XTS3500 Has there own CPS , XTS3000 has there own CPS and XTS5000, XTS4000, XTS2500, XTS1500

Thanks Astro2001, looks like I'm screwed because I believe I don't have that software in my arsenal or have a lower version of it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I won't be able to read the radio with an older version ?

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
You also can't use an XTS5000/2500 cable (e.g. RKN4105A). You need the one for the XTS3000/MTS2000 that also requires a RIB box.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
The current Astro Saber & XTS3000 software is R05.03.00.

Just remember, the internet is your friend (This is the cue for all the SAPS to chime in).

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
See Motorola did a dumb thing when they build the radio CPS software there is 3 different CPS software for the following radios XTS3500 Has there own CPS , XTS3000 has there own CPS and XTS5000, XTS4000, XTS2500, XTS1500

The original Astro series of radios was almost 10 years old when the Astro25 line began. And here we are, now at the end of the line for the Astro25 in favor of the APX. None of these radios share any internals, so it makes sense that they would communicate differently. Also, the XTS3500 does not have CPS, only RSS.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
The xts 3000 does have a cos out there you need. The cable will work fine. You can use a rib less cable to program just fine. How do I know this you ask? Well i have an xts 3000 and many other jedi radios and use the same ribless cable to program all of them. You need the astride saber xts3000 cos software and you will be fine. The internet is your friend!

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Go ahead.. find some pirated CPS on one of the russian sites.. When it corrupts your codeplug and bricks your radio.. I wont feel sorry for you. RIBless cables are good to brick your radio too..Have fun

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Go ahead.. find some pirated CPS on one of the russian sites.. When it corrupts your codeplug and bricks your radio.. I wont feel sorry for you. RIBless cables are good to brick your radio too..Have fun

exactly, just wait for the thread "my XTS3000 says FAIL 01/xx" after they download their bootleg stolen software, cheap knockoff RIBLESS cable...how to fix it? send to depot, B O A T..bust out another thousand...

Thanks for all the replies guys. Even though a couple of haters got into the conversation posting useless crap I got the information and answer I needed. Guess I'll have to dish the cash and go directly with the big M in this case. Have a good one.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Im not a Hater..Im just a realist.. I know what happens when you use that stuff you find and try to use 2nd rate chineese crap

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
I have a ribless cable I have been using for years. Works great never had any problems. With that said the software that I use it with is the real stuff also. I use the cable on my XTS3000, MTS2000, Ht1000s, and my MTX8000s. I have also used it on my friends XTS5000. Never had any troubles even in the old school Moto RSS. Just because you did not know what you were doing ffpm571 and bricked your radio had nothing to do with the fact you were using a ribless cable. In fact if you look Moto them self have moved to ribless cables for the new stuff. So please take your untrue crap some place else. As for the software well your on your own there. Good luck to you

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I have never bricked a radio. I just fix them when others do. I have all original Motorola cables, software and RIB and newer Motorola RIBless cables. I speak from experence, not from a hobby level.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
As do I. If people want to risk there radio with bad software thats there deal. But I have more then one non-moto ribless cable and have never had an issue

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Ribless cables are just fine for the XTS3000, been using them for years on many different radios and never had a failure. Also I think that russian site with all the software has been off line for quite some time. Like others mentioned the current Astro Saber & XTS3000 software is R05.03.00 and its out there in the wild, just search for it. You don't need to fork over a couple hundred bucks for something you can have for free.

Well I managed to have a Motorola Dealer program the radio for me and being it to be used by an all volunteer EMS group he didn't charge a penny for doing it. So I guess I got the good side of this situation.

N4KVE

Well I managed to have a Motorola Dealer program the radio for me and being it to be used by an all volunteer EMS group he didn't charge a penny for doing it. So I guess I got the good side of this situation.
In my experience, some shops will give you a break if you use the radio for ham use, or VFD, as you are not using the radio to generate profit. It's nice these guys are still out there. GARY N4KVE

cmdrwill

XTS5000 and R, radios. When reading get the error "Open Radio Failed, Error Context: 24, Status: c000039e.
Seems the radio is not there. I tried with the radio disconnected and same error.

Astro 25 Portable CPS R12.000

Also, I verified that the same computer, RIB, cable and RIB to radio cable worked with MTS CPS on MTS radios.
RIB to radio is a Motorola genuine Jedi cable with the test set plug.

Do I have the wrong cable????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.