• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MOTOROLA Spectra Scan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRKC135258

Premium Subscriber
I have MOTOROLA Spectra VHF A7 128CH 45W 146-178MHz SCAN programmed with railroad receive only channels. I have a user manual but I still don’t fully understand the scan. I realize the Spectra will scan 15 channels. How do I know what channels it is scanning. I can set channel 39 as a priority channel and set the radio to channel 30. I can monitor 30 and of course if a signal is on 39 I can hear it. What I haven’t got figured is that if traffic is on channel 10 I hear it or 22 I hear it. I’m just trying to figure out a pattern.
The radio has no zones, just 97 channels. The Motorola radio has a great receiver and very good audio.
So if it scans 15 channels at a time, how can I define which channels to scan.

Ron

RodStrong

If you long press the scan button, it will hopefully go into scan program mode. Then you can toggle through the channels to see what is in your scan list. If a channel is in your scan list, you will see a pri or a n pri above the channel name. If you don't see anything above the channel name, it is not in your scan list.

You can use the select button to add/delete from the scan list, and to set the priority level of what is in the list. Good luck.

n7jei

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

And with a full keypad, you can simply press the recall button to scroll through the selected modes in the scan list. No need to press the mode button 97 times to see what is in the scan list. That is after you long press the scan button.

fullpwr5675

Premium Subscriber
can't get my spectra to scan,I've tried to follow instructions above,I can set pri levels on channels but maybe I'm not saving right?I press scan and selected mode appears above current channel but doesn't seem to be scanning

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

You may need to ground the mic hanger to chassis ground. Then hang up the mic and try to scan after you have done that

fullpwr5675

Premium Subscriber
thanks kayn1n32008 ,shows you how long its been since I've played with one of these.Cant't believe I forgot that one,working great with the mic grounded

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

fullpwr5675 said:
thanks kayn1n32008 ,shows you how long its been since I've played with one of these.Cant't believe I forgot that one,working great with the mic grounded

No worries, easy to over look!! Glad it was easy to cure

fullpwr5675

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyone out there that could help me with RSS for a VHF Hi Spectra,Saber and Syntor X9000 with I believe its the A7 head (the one with display/radio/siren controls?Pm if you can help or desire to I should say.Decided to drag this stuff out and start playing with them again.Those darn floppies didn't like being stored in a cool moist basement

Status
Not open for further replies.