• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 Clock Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdnyradio

Premium Subscriber
Having a problem with keeping the clock displayed on my XTS5000. It seems when I remove the battery the clock blanks out. Is there an on-board battery that may need to be replaced. My XTS 2500 does not seems to have this problem.

CCHLLM

Turn the radio off before you remove the discharged battery. Replace the discharged battery with a charged battery immediately.

mm

Hidden behind the encryption module on the controller board you should find a type MS621 battery that holds the RTC's time and date data.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
you need an xts5000 housing removal tool. 6685833D01 is the part number. Yes you could use a small flat head however those tend to bend the housing down at the bottom of the radio.

the battery slips into a little plastic holder with contacts.

SCPD

QRT
What if you have replaced that battery already and the problem continues? Could something else be causing it?

hitechRadio

I found a video that may help you out.

Snarlingrabiddog on youtube has a video on the replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NAXEef0ZJ8

It is a bad clock battery, they are rechargeable and have a finite life.

If you are very gentle you can get the case apart with a screwdriver. But if ordering the battery from Moto, get a gasket and the tool while your at it. I recommend you lube the gasket if reusing the gasket, and clean the gasket surfaces when putting it back together. Also helps hold the gasket in place and makes it much easier to get radio back together. And will help it seal better if not replacing gasket. New gaskets come prelubed.

Side note, just incase FFPM571 jumps in here or any one else.
If you don't feel comfortable using a screw driver, than by all means get the tool.
I have opened tons of these radio's with and without the tool and have not broken a case, (keyword) YET. Knock on wood.
I have had other techs still break the case even with the tool. Be gentle whatever u use,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.