RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 10:13 PM

Question Motorola XTS-1500 Talk permit tone

At Mayfair Mall, we use the Motorola XTS-1500 radios. I was wondering if anyone could answer this. When I key up my radio, it will not give me the talk permit tone. However, if i quick press the button and let go right away, it sounds the triple beep. Anyone know why the radio is doing that? I thought that when you press & hold the ptt button your supposed to get the triple beep.
Old 11-25-2012, 5:29 AM

Hi Zack, are you guys on a trunking system or conventional??? If you guys are on the conventional system, you have to enable that on the CPS called ''SIDETONE'' but again, you have to enable the MDC/Emergency as well. Is this your personal radio?? Also, make sure that your not on Simplex, sometimes radio shops set the radio without sidetone/mdc enabled.
Old 11-25-2012, 8:12 AM

We are actually on the Milwaukee county 800mhz trunked radio systerm. The radio is owned by mayfair mall themselves as it would be illegal for me to program my own trunking radio on the county system.
Old 11-25-2012, 3:26 PM
KE4FHH
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Your radio is set up to not emit the Talk Permit Tone. The reason it does it when you key up and let go quickly is because the radio thinks you asked for a channel and gave up (which you did for a short amount of time). So the radio is telling you that you have a channel ready for you to talk on.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 PM

self delete

Last edited by rapidcharger; 11-26-2012 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: I was curious about why the mall is on the county system but that's neither here nor there.
Sponsored links