• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming cdm 1250 for c-med

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

I know its a duplex system, I want to program the new narrowband system. I am a volunteer for my local email and programming for the cities command center.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
do I just program the 463/468 regularly? or are there other steps?

You might want to describe the system you are programming into a bit better. It's just a bit difficult to even begin to answer your question without some information about the system in which you want to use this radio.

KB1UAM

I just want to program a coventional channel but they operate duplex, i want to put in my counties cmed system which is for the ambulance to hospital communications.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
The CDM's can't do full duplex but you can certainly program it half duplex and you should be able to talk and hear just fine.

The unknown is how much of the hospital's transmissions you might miss because they are probably used to talking regardless of what the field is transmitting. Unlike simplex or half duplex, users of full duplex systems develop much different habits than "I talk, then you talk."

KB1UAM

Volunteer for my local email? WTF is that?

What is the necessity for you to have CMED programmed into radios, what agency? Do you have authorization?

Sorry it was my autocorrect. Supposed to say ema. I usually do the programming and updating for my cities. ema mobile command center.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Someone in charge of programming radios for your cities command should not be on radio reference asking such basic questions. For real, your city should find someone that has a clue as to what they are doing.

jwb8734

Anthony (KB1UAM),

Being in the radio industry you have to have a good knowledge of radios.and the people that have been giving you this info have been in the radio/scanning industry for many years and know alot.

I think you should not worry about programing radios and just sit back and search the web for your answers. How do you think I leared. I researched alot on my own.

Also take things with a grain of salt. Your raport has not been so stellar in postings that many of us have seen.

So just sit back and learn for a little bit before you get yourself into hot water.

Status
Not open for further replies.