• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Which CPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmedic

Feed Provider
Hello all! I have signed up for a MOL account and will be programming quite a few radios for the town I live in. We have the following radios:

CDM1250
CM200
CM300
PM400
XTL1500

What versions of CPS will I need? More importantly what are the part numbers I need to ask MOL to put on my account for download? If I am correct, I need the Professional, Commercial, and I am not sure what I need for the XTL. Thanks for any and all info you guys provide!!

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
For the CM/PM radios you will need Commercial Series CPS (RVN4191).

For the CDM you will need Professional Series CPS (HVN9025).

For the XTL you will need Astro 25 Mobile CPS (RVN4185).

n7seb

For the CM/PM radios you will need Commercial Series CPS (RVN4191).

For the CDM you will need Professional Series CPS (HVN9025).

For the XTL you will need Astro 25 Mobile CPS (RVN4185).

Is there some special place you find this? I signed up for MOL, signed the general software agreement, etc and while I can browse the catalog for radio accessories and cables, I don't see software listed.
Nothing comes up searching for those part numbers either -- I wonder if "woodmedic" is experiencing the same thing as I....

woodmedic

Feed Provider
Thank you very much for the info!! I haven't even gotten access to MOL yet so you are ahead of me.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Is there some special place you find this? I signed up for MOL, signed the general software agreement, etc and while I can browse the catalog for radio accessories and cables, I don't see software listed.
Nothing comes up searching for those part numbers either -- I wonder if "woodmedic" is experiencing the same thing as I....

That's odd that you can't see those part numbers when searching for them. I think I could do that even before I signed the software agreement. You may have to call Motorola customer service and see if something is blocking you from accessing CPS. One thing I have learned about dealing with MOL, is that if it can go wrong, it probably will.
After that, you still have to search the part number to find software, or at least it doesn't show up anywhere for me when browsing the catalog.

cabletech

When you login to your account, go the buying center, then searce catalog, then enter the part number of the software as a complete number, (IE hvn9025 not hvn 9025) and this will bring up all information.

You can due this same thing for parts.

Once you have the item, then select the most up to date, click on qty, click add to cart and then it will tell you the price and your good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.