RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum - For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 5:51 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Desktrac tone remote and Vega Remote Console

I am wondering if anyone has any information on the jumper settings and wiring information for the Vega C-532 Tone Remote Console. I have been successful in making it a monitoring station, but do not have any of the requested information to make it transmit and control the desktrac.
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2013, 5:55 PM

What radio are yiu trying to connect to? You will need tone remote adaptor board to try and make it work in transmit
Old 04-22-2013, 6:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss20 View Post
I am wondering if anyone has any information on the jumper settings and wiring information for the Vega C-532 Tone Remote Console. I have been successful in making it a monitoring station, but do not have any of the requested information to make it transmit and control the desktrac.
I see by the subject that you have a Desktrac as the radio you are controlling. Are you sure that it has the Tone board in it?

One of the things strange about the Desktrac tone board, is the RJ45 connector. Pin 1 and 2 are used for the 2 wire tone remote - I always felt that was strange, why not use the middle two, or 1 and 8. So, your line out from the Vega would go to pin one and two.

I will guess that you already have this covered if you are getting audio out the RJ connector, it should then have the tone board and the proper pins - if you are connected to pin 1 and 2.

Have you programmed the desktrac? On the front there is a plastic cover over a small rotary switch. With a tuning tool or small screwdriver to position 1 for the radio itself, and 3 for the tone board (The screen in the desktrac RSS will tell you to turn postions a couple of time during programming)

Remember, you need two RSS programs, one for the radio, like the Maxtrac RSS, and one for the Desktrac.

Last edited by iamhere300; 04-22-2013 at 6:08 PM..
Old 04-22-2013, 6:49 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

There is indeed a tone remote board, everything is programmed. I am currently using a motorola command console as a tone remote, however I would also like to tie in the vega for another station. I just need information on the vega.