RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 8:50 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default XTL5000 call ID & scan / non-unique ids

Hi,

Not sure exactly what the problem here is. I will refer specifically to Astro25 call id's. My radio is usually on scan. Certain Id's are common (particularly 1 and 5 for dispatch). Given that I have 7 departments in my area that use call id 5 for dispatch, I have each one in a different call list and assigned to a different astro personality. Whenever Departments 2 - 10 key up their dispatch, the text displays for department 1, which is not even in the scan list. What am I doing wrong? It can be troublesome when I get an address to respond to that I think is in town 2 but it is actually in town 4, because the display read town 1 (which I knew it was not). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2013, 7:46 AM
Global DB Admin/Senior Mod
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

There's no problem. That's the way it's designed to work.

I always figured it was a bug and Motorola eventually would fix it. Unfortunately, this bug has carried over to the APX line as well.

All you can do is hope the agencies get together and decide on a scheme to prevent duplicate ID's.

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:03 PM

I've honestly never bothered to use the call lists for this purpose .. but, from what you guys are saying is if I have Personality 1 and Personality 2 and each has its own call list (Call 1 on Personality 1 and Call 2 on Personality 2), when in scan mode it displays the alpha tag in the Call 1 list for both personalities?

Are you sure the call list is set correctly under ASTRO Call tab of the personality?
Old 06-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Database Admin

The call list per system is only there so you can easily call people that are on the same system. It has nothing to do with decode.

Old 06-25-2013, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlong View Post
The call list per system is only there so you can easily call people that are on the same system. It has nothing to do with decode.
I thought call lists were per personality not per system? Infact I'm quite sure call list assignment is per personality...

I just assumed if you had set separate call lists (as I suppose the OP did on separate personalities), that if you put ID "5" in list 1 with a alpha of "Dispatch Dept X" and ID "5" in list 2 with an alpha "Dispatch Dept Y" that when receiving traffic on a channel set to those personalities the radio would display the proper alpha for that ID.
Sponsored links
Old 06-25-2013, 5:57 PM
Database Admin

Nope not going to work. You're going to see Department X's ID every time ID 5 is transmitted.

Like I said, the call list is only there so you can easily call or page someone. It's function is not to separate out decoded ID's based on what channel or system you're on.

Old 06-27-2013, 2:19 PM

Ah ok, got it. Like I said never used call lists in that manner.