• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Spectra Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cow

A fellow firefighter bought a T99Dx+088w radio with the HHCH to talk on our county's digital system. I just unboxed the radio, but I don't see any connection on the "brains" for me to program it... Any info about this radio would be appreciated. Thanks

jim202

A fellow firefighter bought a T99Dx+088w radio with the HHCH to talk on our county's digital system. I just unboxed the radio, but I don't see any connection on the "brains" for me to program it... Any info about this radio would be appreciated. Thanks

Hate to say this, but if you don't know anything about this radio, it probably isn't a good idea to be trying to programming it on a public safety radio system.

Do you have a letter from the radio system manager giving you authorization for this radio to be on the system?

cmdrwill

If it IS a Spectra, they will not do digital.

You would need an Astro Spectra with the correct flash to do 'digital'.

As Jim202 says, if you are not knowledgeable and have not worked on Spectra radios before, leave it to someone who knows. I would hate to see another Spectra trashed....

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If you Google the model number, you'll see it's an Astro Spectra.

You'll need a programming cable, RIB box and CPS to program the radio.

I think that's a high power radio so the DB25 programming connector should be on the front. Should be off to one side of the centre.

Cow

Does the accessory connector/ignition sense jumper wire have to be connected and +12V applied to it for the radio to power on?

mformby

Remove your own tonsils?

I appreciate anyone's desire to save money, but sometimes it is wiser to have a trained professional do the task. I assume you wouldn't perform a medical procedure on yourself just to save a few bucks. Save yourself a lot of time and trouble, let a dealer do it.
Hate to say this, but if you don't know anything about this radio, it probably isn't a good idea to be trying to programming it on a public safety radio system.

Do you have a letter from the radio system manager giving you authorization for this radio to be on the system?

N4KVE

Remember, if your friend intends to keep the radio for a while, change the "time bomb" capacitors. Also, the radio will have to be "rebanded" if the system is 800 mhz. Cmdrwill who has posted in this thread is a Spectra expert, & has fixed my 2 Spectras.

Cow

Okay, he bought the radio off of ebay, the title says it is an Astro Spectra digital. I already have the Astro 25 software, will it program this radio? I have watched a few video tutorials that came with my software that I use to program my XTL1500 and I see a picture of a Spectra pop up a few times, that's what has me wondering...

I know I probably sound very amateur and don't know what I'm doing, but I have programmed several Moto radios without any problems. I have never dealt with Spectras before, so that's why my questions might sound like those of a newbie

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
No, you need the Astro Spectra CPS, Astro 25 will not work. What you're actually seeing is a picture of an XTL5000 with a W series control head.

pfcmcc

Moto Astro Spectra programming software

Hello all,

I have access to the Motorola Business solutions site. But I cannot locate exactly where on the site the download is. Last time I had an opportunity to talk to customer care, they said it was available for download, just not re-sale.

I have a t99dx+088w_astro 110w p25 dig radio W4

CAn someone help me out please.

Thanks

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.