RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 9:55 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post Minitor V stored voice

Hi,

I have a Minitor V Stored voice pager. I was wondering is there a way to disable the stored voice function. I really do not have a need for it and it gets annoying when the tones are set off and all you hear is squelch till someone decides to talk.

Thanks,
Cody
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymw623 View Post
Hi,

I have a Minitor V Stored voice pager. I was wondering is there a way to disable the stored voice function. I really do not have a need for it and it gets annoying when the tones are set off and all you hear is squelch till someone decides to talk.

Thanks,
Cody
Under the Model Options tab, change the Reset Function to Revert. The pager will then immediately revert to monitor mode after receiving a select call.

The Help file says there is an OFF setting for SV in addition to the record time choices under Reset Function, but I don't find it in the PPS version that I have which is the latest. So you can't really disable SV, but you can fix that annoying squelch burst. The burst is there under the Revert N option to keep the SV recorder going if the dispatcher drops carrier between the tones and the voice message. That happens a lot and not necessarily because of dispatcher error or laxity. It's very common for a carrier drop if there are stacked pages on more than one channel.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:28 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Ok, Thank you for your help. I am going to give that a shot and see how it works.

Thanks,
Cody

Tags
minitor v, motorola, pager, stored voice