• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Entitlement Key Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hello All;

I received my 25 Khz entitlement key today from MOTO. I am running CPS version 06.12.08. When I go to register the option via the software, it gives me this:

Error #3602
Unable to contact license server.
Please check your network settings and try again.

Ok, I am not on any network, and I am able to surf the web with nearly perfect signal from my wireless router. So, anybody have a clue as to what is causing this problem?

I tried googling the error code but got nothing!

Manny

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The Entitlement server might be down.

Give Motorola a shout on Monday and see what they have to say.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
If you can surf the net from the computer than it seems most likely.

You could try killing off any firewalls or virus protection to make sure.

It can't hurt to give them a call though. You paid for the CPS and you're entitled to support.

I've had a few cases open with them and they've been extremely helpful.

rc50won

Premium Subscriber
Your version of CPS might be too old. I think you need at least Version 9. 10 is the latest version.

Marshall

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Your version of CPS might be too old. I think you need at least Version 9. 10 is the latest version.

Marshall
This is not quite correct information.

The latest version of HVN9025 Professional Series CPS is R06.12.09. The version that the OP has was released in December 2012 specifically to require the 20/25 KHz Entitlement ID. The current version came out in June 2013. It contained two enhancements:
1. Allow CPS sharing of same Entitlement ID for 20/25 KHz programming
2. Support of Windows 8

(I check MOL weekly for updates on all of my subscriptions. R06.12.09 is the newest that I can find anywhere on MOL.)

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Just got off the phone with MOTO. The entitlement key I just received will only work with the latest version of CPS software which as has already been stated, is 06.12.09. After the update came out in June, no more entitlement keys were issued for my version. So, I put in for the updated CPS, it should take a few days to receive via download and later on CD. I don't go on MOL for anything, as I haven't had any issues with the current software I own. Thanks to all of you for responding!

Manny

Last edited:

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Just got off the phone with MOTO. The entitlement key I just received will only work with the latest version of CPS software which as has already been stated, is 06.12.09. After the update came out in June, no more entitlement keys were issued for my version. So, I put in for the updated CPS, it should take a few days to receive via download and later on CD. I don't go on MOL for anything, as I haven't had any issues with the current software I own. Thanks to all of you for responding!
Manny,

I am glad to hear that it got resolved successfully, but it's frustrating that you had to call to find out. I would have hoped that that info would have on the email you got with the entitlement ID.

If your subscription for the Pro Series CPS is current, you can get the latest version right now. Resource Center --> Resource Center --> Software --> Two Way --> HT-EX-MTXC Portables and CDM Mobiles --> Programming Software It is currently the 4th item down the list - 47 Mb 03JUN13.

com501

Since the EID Server migration, ALL EIDs will require the newest version software so that the software can point to the correct server IP address.

n5ims

Please Excuse my ignorance, but what is an "Entitlement Key"?

Special software key that allows folks to program in wide-band operation on Motorola radios that now prevent that type of programming due to the narrow-band mandate. Generally there so a ham can use a Motorola radio on typical ham repeaters.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Please Excuse my ignorance, but what is an "Entitlement Key"?

It's a Motorola provided license key that unlocks additional features of their hardware, things such as the ability to program 20.0 kHz & 25.0 kHz. channels, adding encryption, IP programming, Bluetooth Data options, etc.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
...Generally there so a ham can use a Motorola radio on typical ham repeaters.
Or on marine channels (yes, many Motorolas have Part 80 certification), NOAA Weather Radio, GMRS or other exempt services. Although I certainly use them for ham!

RRR

Premium Subscriber
How much is the Commercial programming subscription on MOL running nowadays?

ecps92

And how many folks were forced to NB the 800 Interop, when they are actually WB :) allocations

Or on marine channels (yes, many Motorolas have Part 80 certification), NOAA Weather Radio, GMRS or other exempt services. Although I certainly use them for ham!

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
The Entitlement Key also allows programming the NOAA weather frequencies into VHF radios. Many users have these frequencies programmed into their radios. This is needed since you can't program wideband weather frequencies even if they are receive only.
BB

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Unless Motorola deviated from the standard for narrowbanding, all NOAA Weather frequencies should still be allowed to be programmed as a 25.0 kHz. channels; however, you are limited to the 7 U.S. channels only and that is controlled through firmware. Kenwood and ICOM's VHF products also follow this standard.

The Entitlement Key also allows programming the NOAA weather frequencies into VHF radios. Many users have these frequencies programmed into their radios. This is needed since you can't program wideband weather frequencies even if they are receive only.
BB

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
That was my experience as well. The weather channels do not require an entitlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.