RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 8:47 PM

Default CPS question

Does anyone know a specific list of radios that R6.12.05 will program? My department is looking at purchasing some new radios and don't want to buy new software.
Sponsored links

Old 01-17-2014, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitcher1992 View Post
Does anyone know a specific list of radios that R6.12.05 will program? My department is looking at purchasing some new radios and don't want to buy new software.
The revision number isn't most important, but the part number is for identifying CPS. There's different CPS for each family of radios. HVN9025 is the part number for the Professional Series.

The latest version is R06.12.09. Keep that in mind if you buy used radios. You can not use your version to reprogram a radio that has already been programmed with a higher version. You may have to get the latest version from MOL.

Since your last posts have dealt exclusively with the Professional Series HT750's, CDM1250's, etc. you have mostly answered your own question.

CDM750,1250,1550, HT750,1250,1550, EX500 & 600. Includes the LS and LS+ versions of the 1550's. It will also do the MTX and ER series of radios.

BTW, you can find RSS/CPS lists via internet search. They are all over the place.

TSFIYF

Last edited by SteveC0625; 01-17-2014 at 9:00 PM..
Old 01-18-2014, 1:25 AM

How about the pr400?
Old 01-18-2014, 3:46 AM

Default CPS question

Quote:
How about the pr400?

Commercial Series RVN4191.

You need to learn to use the search function here. That info is readily available in previous threads in this sub-forum.
Old 01-25-2014, 2:12 AM

Quick question. I've never tried it, but can I program my CDM1250 via while it's actually installed in my vehicle? I normally remove it but it's becoming a hassle with all the upgrades and frequency mods we are doing.
Sponsored links
Old 01-25-2014, 2:55 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Quick question. I've never tried it, but can I program my CDM1250 via while it's actually installed in my vehicle? I normally remove it but it's becoming a hassle with all the upgrades and frequency mods we are doing.
As long as you can get to the mic jack.
Old 01-26-2014, 8:43 PM

ok thought so, i have moments sometimes..
Old 01-26-2014, 8:49 PM

ok new one..

can i make an ht1250 display the persons name that its issued to? we are having issues with radios getting switched and "lost" and we want to keep track of who has what radio in a way that cant be tampered with. we have tried numbering them inside of the battery compartment, wrote serial numbers.. they were removed..

and last one. I PROMISE.

i have a friend that has a 1250, he can set an alarm on his radio. he actually uses it as his alarm clock. how do i do this?

sorry for the questions and thank you in advance
Old 01-26-2014, 8:50 PM

nevermind on the reminder alarm. just figured that one out
Sponsored links

Old 01-26-2014, 8:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
ok new one..

can i make an ht1250 display the persons name that its issued to? we are having issues with radios getting switched and "lost" and we want to keep track of who has what radio in a way that cant be tampered with. we have tried numbering them inside of the battery compartment, wrote serial numbers.. they were removed..
Nope.

You could always engrave them.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:14 PM

Dang. Aren't there some radios that do have that option? It seems like I've seen motos that do have a name just don't remember who had it or what the model was.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Use the MDC1200 and assign an ID number to each radio. You can also program an alias list into every radio that will show the name of the person talking but every time you make a change, you would have to reprogram every radio. The numbers only would simply mean changing a master list and sending it out.

chris
Old 02-06-2014, 1:06 AM

well i think i will just go with engraving. i just took a look at our old ht1000s from the police department and they were engraved under the battery.
Old 03-01-2014, 2:14 PM

so, i just bought another cdm1250. the ebay seller advise me that he upgraded the codeplug and firmware versions. i programmed it up just fine. however, now my cps is telling me that my latest codeplug is 2.16 and my original is 11.0.... what does that mean?