• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitcher1992

Does anyone know a specific list of radios that R6.12.05 will program? My department is looking at purchasing some new radios and don't want to buy new software.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know a specific list of radios that R6.12.05 will program? My department is looking at purchasing some new radios and don't want to buy new software.
The revision number isn't most important, but the part number is for identifying CPS. There's different CPS for each family of radios. HVN9025 is the part number for the Professional Series.

The latest version is R06.12.09. Keep that in mind if you buy used radios. You can not use your version to reprogram a radio that has already been programmed with a higher version. You may have to get the latest version from MOL.

Since your last posts have dealt exclusively with the Professional Series HT750's, CDM1250's, etc. you have mostly answered your own question.

CDM750,1250,1550, HT750,1250,1550, EX500 & 600. Includes the LS and LS+ versions of the 1550's. It will also do the MTX and ER series of radios.

BTW, you can find RSS/CPS lists via internet search. They are all over the place.

TSFIYF

Last edited:

spitcher1992

Quick question. I've never tried it, but can I program my CDM1250 via while it's actually installed in my vehicle? I normally remove it but it's becoming a hassle with all the upgrades and frequency mods we are doing.

firefive76

Quick question. I've never tried it, but can I program my CDM1250 via while it's actually installed in my vehicle? I normally remove it but it's becoming a hassle with all the upgrades and frequency mods we are doing.

As long as you can get to the mic jack.

spitcher1992

ok new one..

can i make an ht1250 display the persons name that its issued to? we are having issues with radios getting switched and "lost" and we want to keep track of who has what radio in a way that cant be tampered with. we have tried numbering them inside of the battery compartment, wrote serial numbers.. they were removed..

and last one. I PROMISE.

i have a friend that has a 1250, he can set an alarm on his radio. he actually uses it as his alarm clock. how do i do this?

sorry for the questions and thank you in advance

CommJunkie

ok new one..

can i make an ht1250 display the persons name that its issued to? we are having issues with radios getting switched and "lost" and we want to keep track of who has what radio in a way that cant be tampered with. we have tried numbering them inside of the battery compartment, wrote serial numbers.. they were removed..

Nope.

You could always engrave them.

spitcher1992

Dang. Aren't there some radios that do have that option? It seems like I've seen motos that do have a name just don't remember who had it or what the model was.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Use the MDC1200 and assign an ID number to each radio. You can also program an alias list into every radio that will show the name of the person talking but every time you make a change, you would have to reprogram every radio. The numbers only would simply mean changing a master list and sending it out.

chris

spitcher1992

well i think i will just go with engraving. i just took a look at our old ht1000s from the police department and they were engraved under the battery.

spitcher1992

so, i just bought another cdm1250. the ebay seller advise me that he upgraded the codeplug and firmware versions. i programmed it up just fine. however, now my cps is telling me that my latest codeplug is 2.16 and my original is 11.0.... what does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.