• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help programming XPR portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motojunkie

Hello I've just acquired an xpr6580 for 927Mhz. I'm running motorbo CPS and can read and write to the radio just fine. However when it comes to transmitting the radio gives the long and low beeeeep, I notice in CPS the two channels that I put in to CPS are not highlighted like the other channel that came from the previous owner. I cannot delete the previous channel but I can delete the two I put in. No, tx inhibit is not on.

1. Do I need some sort of product key. My understanding is no it is not needed for conventional channels?
2. I notice there is "3rd party software" installed. Could this be stopping my ability to program and transmit?
3. Do I have perhaps the wrong firmware. Perhaps conventional firmware is needed? If so what version?

The radio will receive fine at 927 but no transmit. Just the stupid beeeeeeep.

Newbie here.............anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance! Frustrated

radio firmware 01.05.03

radiomankc

The odds are that you are hearing the guard tone since it is looking for a DMR repeater. Make sure it is set to conventional mode. If you send me the code plug file, I will be happy to take a look at it for you.

Motojunkie

xpr6580 programming

Thanks radio and moon. I have access to newer firmware and will try that. Radio going to my laptop now and sending you the file!!!

Thanks

Motojunkie

Radiomankc - sorry perhaps I'm too new, not getting a link to contact you. Also Radioref. is delaying my posts so sorry about the delay. My address is kg8q.dx@gmail.com If you will email me Ill send the codeplug file.

Thanks!!!!!!

Motojunkie

I programed a 800MHz freq and the radio transmitted. I suspect a change
of firmware however CPS was unable to identify any of the firmware packages
I have installed.

current settings

CHANNEL 1 conventional

RX: 927.025000 TX: 902.025000
sql type: csq sql type: tpl 3b 131.8

channel bandwidth: 12.5 KHZ
scan list: none
phone system: none
auto scan : unchecked
phone sys. : none
phone interconnect : disabled
vioce empisis: none
talk around: checked
rx only: unchecked
dpl turn off code: checked
tpl return burst : standard
hot keypad: checked

Unable to delete channel from previous owner. It's the only channel that is not shaded out.

Motojunkie

I received this today and it seems to confirm comments here:

Motojunkie,
Well, you answered my question. That radio has trunking firmware in it.
If you have a friendly Moto dealer around there, it can be flashed back
to conventional mode. Have them look for the below download, if they
don't already have it:-

Device Conversion Packages 3600 Baud Trunking to MOTOTRBO Digital
Firmware (18 Dec 2013 HTML Document 4KB)
These firmware packages will Convert an 800|900MHz Smartnet Privacy Plus
Analog Trunking R01.10.22 radio to MOTOTRBO Digital Conventional
firmware R01.12.02 for (defaulting to Analog only features).

That will allow the 902 TX.

I have that firmware but perhaps it need the "package" I used CPS to flash
the firmware but CPS doesn't seem to recognize the firmware is there to
be flashed. Any ideas?

Motojunkie

The 6580 is up and running! Firmware needed to be updated first and then install conversion package.

A big thank you to all who helped out with this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.