RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 8:51 AM

Default Motorola XTL 2500 sound

Hello, I am using a Moto XTL2500 on both P25 and Analog. Sounds great on any P25 ch, however when receiving on a analog ch, the sound quality is horrible. Very "tinny, glassy" and distorted, almost sounds like the volume is turned up to much with a poor speaker. However it will do this at any volume setting. Can anyone help??????
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2014, 11:18 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I know there are audio tone adjustment settings in CPS for digital but I can't remember at this hour of the day if there is tone adjustment for analog. Have you checked in CPS for those?
Old 03-21-2014, 11:44 PM

Disable the hear clear box on the analog conventional personality
Old 03-22-2014, 7:04 AM

I disabled hear clear, it helped a lot. It still has that sound to it. I'm thinking it's something I'm just going to have to get used to.
Old 03-22-2014, 9:12 AM

Make sure all the other personalities even the p25 ones the hear clear is disabled I noticed in scan it may allow other personalities hear clear option to be on even though the one isn't hear clear while scanning. I noticed sometimes other users using hear clear it comes through as your describe. We tried it before and didn't like hear clear we brung back all out radios in and disabled hear clear on every portable mobile and in every personality. Depending on where you got your radio surplus or lol I have a idea it's probs a bad speaker. You could try using a external speaker see if there is any change or replace the existing. If it's new from a dealer or /\/\ then I'm not sure I know the newer radios aren't completely like the older ones with audio. The apx even with all options disabled for audio has a different sound to it in a sense if you lived with radios your whole life on a daily basis you can tell.
Sponsored links

Tags
motorola, xtl. xtl2500, xtl2500