RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 8:00 PM

Default XTS 5000 CPS Help

I just bought a copy of CPS for the XTS 5000 from Motorola. How do I change the PL tone to one thats not on the list? Same with the DPL tone, how do I change it to one thats not on the drop down list?
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2014, 8:38 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You don't.... the tones in the drop down, to the best of my knowledge, are standardized throughout the LMR industry. What tone{s} did you want/need to use?
Old 04-01-2014, 8:59 PM

The print out I have from a King radio shows NAC 0659, so that would be 293 I need in the Motorola. Being king shows them as decimal not HEX I had to convert them. This is all for p25 use.

The other NAC is 1318, so that should be HEX 527 for the motorola DPL.

The prosses I used to convert them is as follows: Set the calculator to programmer mode. Click the DEC button then enter the 4 digit code. Click the HEX button and it will convert it.

This is my first time using Motorola CPS, I have done Vertex Standard, Kenwood, and King for years. So if I'm doing something wrong please let me know!

Last edited by WQOQ867; 04-01-2014 at 9:00 PM.. Reason: spelling issue
Old 04-01-2014, 9:03 PM

NAC is NAC - both in hex. There is no equivalent for analog PL/DPL. You can't just covert a P25 NAC to decimal and plug it into an analog personality. Doesn't work that way.

Your XTS5k would have to be flashed for digital operation, and you would have to configure the channels as digital. Forget PL/DPL. You're doing it wrong.
Old 04-01-2014, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triptolemus View Post
NAC is NAC - both in hex. There is no equivalent for analog PL/DPL. You can't just covert a P25 NAC to decimal and plug it into an analog personality. Doesn't work that way.

Your XTS5k would have to be flashed for digital operation, and you would have to configure the channels as digital. Forget PL/DPL. You're doing it wrong.
It is set for digital operation, Im not trying to put the P25 NAC into an analog channel, I'm trying to put it in a digital channel but the NAC I need isn't on the drop down list. I had to convert them for programing a ken wood in digital and they worked just fine and went in the radio just fine.

I need to put the following in P25 channels,

NAC 1318/HEX 527
NAC 0659/HEX 293

This is whats in our kings and kenwoods and they talk to each other fine as well as the repeaters.
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2014, 9:18 PM

You don't select NAC from any drop down. When the channel personality is properly configured for digital operation, you can enter any (valid) NAC you want into the Rx Network and Tx Network fields -- in HEX.
Old 04-01-2014, 9:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

If I recall, It's all the way to the right.
293 is the default NAC so that should work for sure.
Old 04-01-2014, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderknight View Post
If I recall, It's all the way to the right.
293 is the default NAC so that should work for sure.
Thank you! Problem solved. I was in the wrong place.