RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 8:02 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Long B tone XTS 5K

Hello everyone,

Was hoping to get some insight on how to program a "quick call 2" (Single long B tone) into a XTS 5k. I've searched through the CPS for quite a while here trying to find just a long B tone option but there seems to be none. All I see in the CPS for quick call to are (A/B, A/ Long B splits etc.)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2014, 8:20 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Have you tried the obvious, programing both the A and B tones to the same frequency?
Old 06-13-2014, 8:32 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackj View Post
Have you tried the obvious, programing both the A and B tones to the same frequency?
Yeah.

I understand it will work that way, but was wondering if there was anyway to do it "the right way" without sending out an additional unnecessary tone.
Old 06-13-2014, 8:50 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I don't understand??? "The Right Way' is the way that allows it to work, at least according to my thinking. If I remember rightly, the "All Call" or "Quick Call" was just the same reed used for both A and B. Then the decoder had a second timer that instructed it to trip the alert if the B tone was detected for a time interval equal to both the A and B tone lengths. I don't know of any reason why that would have been changed but it has been a number of years since I've been in the paging business.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'm also having a signaling issue in the CPS. Looking to have both MDC and a Quick Call II personality on the same zone. Is this possible with the FPP enabled? I read on here that FPP enabled radios can't have two types of signaling on the same zone. Is there any truth to this?

I'd like to have two conventional personalities on the same zone. One with standard MDC PTT ID signaling and a second (of the same frequency) for paging out Quick Call II on the system I'm looking to operate on. This programming was never an issue with my HT-series portables.

Even better, I'd like to be able to have a PTT ID MDC and be able to "page or call" a quick call set of tones on the same personality. In layman's terms, I'd like to be able to tone people out while still broadcasting my PTT ID.
Can this be done?
Sponsored links