RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 8:00 PM

Default Visar slim batteries no longer exist?

I just bought some old Visars to play with, because I remember toying with one in the 90's and it was so slim and tiny. My search for slim batteries is coming up dry. The OEM part number search returns aftermarket fat batteries. Does anyone know where to procure even a slightly working used slim battery for a Visar? A fat battery on a Visar is not compact.......thanks!

backup plan......slim battery on EX500.

Paul
Sponsored links
Old 06-17-2014, 9:47 AM

No. I tried looking myself with no results. However, there IS a Li-Ion Slim battery available on Ebay for like $16. Myself, and many other Batlabbers have bought these batteries with good results.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:43 AM

The Li-Ion one I saw is the size of the thick batteries.......but I am assuming it is much lighter?
Old 06-18-2014, 12:37 AM

Run the battery number. Sometimes people list them by the number. Sometimes you may find NOS ones. They should be fine if they are no more than 6 years old.
Old 06-18-2014, 1:22 AM

Well, I found some OEM ones advertised for over $80 each, but I assume they just didn't clear their webpage after NLA. Also found some for $30 from China, but they have a minimum order of $150........so unless anyone wants to do a group purchase of their products.......

Paul
Sponsored links
Old 06-18-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
Well, I found some OEM ones advertised for over $80 each, but I assume they just didn't clear their webpage after NLA. Also found some for $30 from China, but they have a minimum order of $150........so unless anyone wants to do a group purchase of their products.......

Paul
I found some OEM. Nimh from 2011 for 38 usd. Also some from 2003 for cheaper. You may just have to go with the bigger batteries.