• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CDM 750 External Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
In regard to the 20-pin accessory connector on the back of the CDM series radios.

Does it provide an external speaker output controlled by the radio volume knob to which I would attach a non-amplified external speaker?

Does it provide an audio output not controlled by the radio volume knob to which I could attach an amplified external speaker?

I am hoping it provides both so I could attach two external speakers, one amplified and one non-amplified.

Lastly, anyone know where I could get such a connector custom made?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
There are a couple of outputs on the 20 pin connector that will do what you need.
First, there is a standard "external" speaker connection that is controlled by the volume knob. This is on pins 1 and 16. Pin 1 is speaker (-), Pin 16 is speaker (+). Do not ground either of these leads, used a dedicated pair of wires directly to the speaker.

Second, there is "flat RX audio" on pin 11. Use that along with pin 7 (ground) to feed your amplifier.

I bought a bunch of the connectors from a guy off e-bay. You can either buy the kit with the pins and the connector body, or you can buy "pre wired" sets that have the pins already crimped on and a connector body. You may have an easier time finding the 16 pin connector body, it's a lot more popular. It will work in the 20 pin socket of the CDM radios just fine. The 2 pins on either side are not necessary for what you are doing.

You can find the pinout information for the CDM radios here: HT750/1250/1550/PRO5150/7150/9150/GP320/340/360/380/ GP318/338/GP640/680/1280/CDM750/CDM1250/CDM1550,etc.

Connectors: check e-bay for a guy with users name MRE1032. This listing would give you what you need for one radio: Kit 1 Accy Plug 16 Pin Motorola Maxtrac GM300 Repeater | eBay

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Connectors: check e-bay for a guy with users name MRE1032. This listing would give you what you need for one radio: Kit 1 Accy Plug 16 Pin Motorola Maxtrac GM300 Repeater | eBay
+1 on mre1032

His prices are fair, and he only charges one shipping fee ($4 the last I looked) if you purchase multiple items from him at the same time. Check his "seller's other items" to see if there are any other bits and pieces you might want that he offers.

If you poke around here, the batboard, and p25.ca, you will find that he has a sterling reputation and can be relied upon for great stuff every time.

(I have no connection to him, but I know a great seller when I see one.)

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Thanks for the replies. I will be able to set it up exactly as I wanted. And, mre1032 is making me a custom accessory plug at a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.