• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Banning FPP and FCC Clone from civilians

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonBon

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Feed Provider
Front Programmable Portable and FCC CLONE should be banned for civilians. FCC CLONE can be dangerous to the cloned radio if it does not have prevent tactical rekey preventing dongle use or cloning radio dependent identification . Ban these features.

Last edited:

RonBon

Feed Provider
BUY PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE from Motorola. FPP and CLONE are federal only features. Anything that shows up colored red in the flashcode means NO unless your government. Don't argue, I hate arguing.

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
RonBon, when somebody posts incorrect information, the RadioReference Community will provide the correct information.

Your posts show your lack of knowledge of how Motorola radios work and your lack of decent grammar skills makes it hard to comprehend you.

For example, there are two types of FPP available, FCC and Federal.

I have a feeling that all of your posts should be tagged "Posts are provided for Entertainment purposes only and are not to be taken as factual"

RonBon

Feed Provider
FCC and FPP are two different whole features. there is only one version of front programmable portable. The FCC feature allows you to use a cable to transfer zone by zone from one radio to another.just because you go to a dealer that's willing to reflash your radio with features it should not have is not my problem. Educate yourself by getting a Motorola solutions account and understanding what makes them different then the rest of the radio companies out there.

federal features means federal features.being sarcastic when I say this.I have no problem at all with civilians having a radio flashed for Department of Defense purposes.

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Calm down now no need to waste the servers hard drive space with your rants. If people interfere, they'll get caught. Would you like to ban everyone with a computer so they cant DDos or hack? How about guns too, only the police should have those right?

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
That's the funny thing Ron, I do have a Motorola Solutions account. You assumed I didn't because you don't understand what we're trying to tell you.

The fact that you don't realize there's actually two different types of FPP just proves my point.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
I think we're done here. This thread is already headed downhill and from past experiences, it doesn't do any good to try and convince Ron that he's wrong.

Ron, if you have a question, please feel free to post it. If you're just posting to share your Motorola knowledge with us, please don't. Your past post history shows you have a lot of learning to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.