• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

cps 6.12.09

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how to remove the password from ht1250 with this software?
Uh, do you mean the Pro Series CPS?

Do you have the password and just want to know how to use the CPS? Or are you looking for the HT1250 Password Hack? Google is your friend, I just gave you everything you need.

Search tags:

The Professional Series of radios includes:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550 EX500 EX600 EX560
EX650 PR860 CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550
HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.

They are all programmed with HVN9025 CPS.

SCPD

QRT
Have you tried putting a new codeplug into the radio?
I thought with the Pro Series, you can just do that to get around the password.
You lose what's in there, if you don't need it.

I never ever use passwords, no matter what radio I'm programming.
One less thing to try and remember.

joespca

I got a radio that was from a communication business they won't give me the pass unless I send it to them to pay. I know there is a way to disable the password in the cps but I can't seem to find it again online

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
I got a radio that was from a communication business they won't give me the pass unless I send it to them to pay. I know there is a way to disable the password in the cps but I can't seem to find it again online
I gave you the link to a long thread on the batboard. All the info you need is in that thread. If you search here on RR a bit, you'll find posts from me that contain the same info as well.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone else have any info
Joe, I already gave you all the info needed in a thread over on the batboard.

If you search here on RR in this Motorola forum using the search terms HT1250 password you will find this thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/motorola-forum/197839-cps-lock.html It also contains all the information you need to modify your CPS to remove the password lock. Pay particular attention to post #10.

It's all there for the reading. It's been there all along waiting for folks to read it.

com501

I got a radio that was from a communication business they won't give me the pass unless I send it to them to pay.

This is the most counterproductive way to do business I see.

Once a customer finds out that property THEY OWN, has been rendered useless, why anyone would do business again with that company defies explanation. This is tantamount to buying a car from Ford, but if you want to put new tires on it, you have to have Ford unlock the lug nuts each time - for a fee.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
This is the most counterproductive way to do business I see.

Once a customer finds out that property THEY OWN, has been rendered useless, why anyone would do business again with that company defies explanation. This is tantamount to buying a car from Ford, but if you want to put new tires on it, you have to have Ford unlock the lug nuts each time - for a fee.

Although I agree in the past I worked for a mom and pop radio shop. We had a LTR trunking system. We had certain users who decided to "clone" radios so they didn't need to pay for more. In addition they totally wasted 4 mobiles trying to "fix" programming. At that point we started putting a password in to lock them out. Personally I would not believe everything we read online. There could be a VERY good reason for a password in the radio.

Now if you legally buy a radio and its a conventional radio on your own channels you should not need a password.

joespca

To clear it up I bought a radio from eBay and it is password protected the seller does not know the password that's why I need it removed.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Your options are limited. Basically you need to read this:

Waris Professional Series Password Bypass

Then fire up your hex editor of choice and see if it works for your version. Seems it works on R06.12.08and older versions. Good luck and don't forget to share your results with the group.
I've already given the OP two other links, one here on RR in this thread and one on the batboard in a PM, which contain the same information, but have more detail about hex editing the executable. I hope he's got enough to git 'er done.

com501

This is not rocket surgery. Any of the threads mentioned are capable of providing more than enough information to the OP to unlock the radio. IT is really quite simple. Seems like there is more hand holding asked for than actual 'git er done' here....

Status
Not open for further replies.