• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor VI - paging newbie is stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZS6HZ

Hi all,

I am a compete novice on paging equipment and I have just had a Minitor VI dropped on my desk with an instruction... "Get it working". :0

Apparently, our client needs to alter the length of the tone on the Minitor, but has been unable to do this.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Marc

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I am a compete novice on paging equipment and I have just had a Minitor VI dropped on my desk with an instruction... "Get it working". :0

Apparently, our client needs to alter the length of the tone on the Minitor, but has been unable to do this.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Marc

What tone do you want to modify?

ZS6HZ

Hi SteveC0625,

Thanks for replying to my post. The client is using a Zetron 2000 series encoder, and can't get the Minitor VI to decode. They suspect that the tone lengths are either too short or too long for the pager to decode...

Does that make any sense?

ZS6HZ

I've just had a thought.... I guess there is a possibility that the pager is faulty. Could I not simply program up say, a GP-380 a DP-4800 or similar to send two-tone to the pager? Is this an easy way to test the device?

I'm in totally foreign territory with this paging stuff... ;)

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hi SteveC0625,

Thanks for replying to my post. The client is using a Zetron 2000 series encoder, and can't get the Minitor VI to decode. They suspect that the tone lengths are either too short or too long for the pager to decode...

Does that make any sense?

Without knowing how the pager is programmed, I've got no baseline to start trouble shooting. Do we even know if the Zetron and the pager are both dealing with the same tone pair?

The Zetron 2000 should be fully capable of sending a standard Motorola Quik-Call tone pair with proper timing of Tone A for one second, no pause, and Tone B for 3 seconds. It also should be capable of sending Plectron and Fast Plectron.

Find out exactly what tone system and tone pair are being transmitted by the encoder.

I've just had a thought.... I guess there is a possibility that the pager is faulty. Could I not simply program up say, a GP-380 a DP-4800 or similar to send two-tone to the pager? Is this an easy way to test the device?

I'm in totally foreign territory with this paging stuff... ;)
Yes, you could set up a radio on the bench to send out the same tones, but let's sort out the whole system and not just one part of it.

More likely that there is a discrepancy between the pager and the encoder.

I am sending you a PM with my email. Please send me a copy of the pager's current codeplug. After you confirm what the encoder is doing, we'll go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.