• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CM300d

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. I just have one question to ask.

A company here in my town is using a CM300d Mobile in one of their machines.

I am just wondering what software you need for this radio. Is it just the MOTOTRBO software. I have version 10.0 (BUILD 510). Or is it another type of software.

Just need to know what software I will need to program this type of radio. If it's the one I have or another software.

Let me know. Thanks.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Yes the CM300D will use TRBO software and not the professional series. Latest for TRBO is V11.2 build 604.

SCPD

QRT
Ok. I asked on another site and the person that replied told me that it uses all the same CPS Software.

So the software that I posted in my previous post, according to that guy will work.

So will this software I have work for that CM300d Radio or no. Because I am getting 2 different answers here.

Let me know.

Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
Yah I know the D stands for Digital lol.

It's just the other person that replied on here said that the version of the MOTOTRBO Software I have would not work and needed another version of it, and on another site a person a replied and told me it would.

So I just want to confirm and make sure that the version of software I have is the right one and will for sure work for this radio.

So let me know.

Thanks

vans113

Premium Subscriber
10.0 will work for it , but say i programmed it with the version 11.2 and you go to read the radio with cpd 10.0 it will not work then because I used a newer software.

SCPD

QRT
Ok. All I have is that 10.0 version and would not be upgrading to a newer version unless for some reason I really needed to. So would not have to worry about that.

If I did upgrade the software sometime for some reason, I usually remove the old version and replace it with the newer one. So there would be no worries about me reading the radio with the newer software if I had it and then for some reason (if I still had the older version on my computer) go and use that one to try and program the radio again if it needed something else done.

So thanks for the reply and telling me that for sure this version I have 10.0 will work to read this radio and program it.

That is all I needed to know.

Thanks again.

WB0VHB

I have a USB to RJ45 programming cable for programming CDM and CM series mobiles. It won't work for the CM300d.

You will need a PMKN4147A which will also work for the XPR2500 series.

SCPD

QRT
Ok. And all the programming cables I have are not USB, they are all COM Port Cables. That you plug into your COM PORT in the back of your computer.

And a friend of mine told me that the cable I have that does most of the Motorola Radios out there will work for this CM300d or should work.

So since I have everything I need right now I should be good to go.

Just as long as if that CM300d, where they got it programmed from, as long as they used the 10.0 MotoTRBO Software I am good, if they used the newer version then I am out of luck in doing it.

But will see if and when I go there to see if I can read it, if it reads to my computer and I am all good to go to fix it up for them, if not then I won't be able to do it.

Thanks again.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Trbo CPS sets programming cables up as network devices in newer versions. Can't say to that old of a CPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

com501

The CM300d was released after Trbo 10. You will need Trbo CPS 11.0 or 11.0 and the correct CM300d programming cable to program this radio.

Just log onto your Motorola account and download the newest version from your account. Trbo CPS 11.0 and above requires Windows 7 or newer operating system.

SCPD

QRT
Ok. Everyone on here and on another site and even a friend of mine who deals with a guy who deals with this stuff told me the 10.0 version I have will work. As long as that radio has not been programmed with the newer version, I am all good to go.

And I have a cable for it, the same COM PORT cable (which you plug into the COM PORT on the back of your computer) that I use to program every other Motorola Radio including the normal CM 300. I never use the USB programming cables always COM PORT.

And I don't have a Motorola account. So if I did get a chance to do this radio and it didn't work with the version I have 10.0, because it was programmed with the newer version. I will just get the newer version sometime from a friend of mine.

Thanks again for your replies.

Will see if what I have works if and when I go and do this radio.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
com501's correct. That radio came out after 10.0 so it won't recognize that model number. TRBO CPS also does not use comm ports so you need the newer USB cable. Ah, software piracy, got it!

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
TRBO CPS sets up all comms as network devices. The programming cable you speak of is mainly built for the Radius mobiles. If it works on a CM300, it can't be used on a Maratrac.

SCPD

QRT
Yah I do have a USB Cable for one of my TRBO portables. But the same cable I have that I use to program all other Motorola Radios according to a friend of mine and a friend of his who deals with Motorola stuff as well said that cable I have should work.

So as long as that radio wasn't programmed with the newer version of software, and was programmed using the 10.0 version I have I will be all good to go to fix it up for them, but if it doesn't read the radio, then I will know that they used the newer version of the software, which I will have to get, so I can do that radio.

And like I said the cable I have does most of all the Motorola Mobile Radio's. So it works on any. It does most of the Motorola Radios I have done so far.

Anyways will find out if they used the same version of software to program it as what I have now the 10.0. If and when I go and do it.

Thanks for the replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
The CM300d was released after Trbo 10. You will need Trbo CPS 11.0 or 11.0 and the correct CM300d programming cable to program this radio.

Just log onto your Motorola account and download the newest version from your account. Trbo CPS 11.0 and above requires Windows 7 or newer operating system.

Cool guy, re-read what Com501 wrote. Ver 10 will NOT work. Neither will a serial cable...

SCPD

QRT
Yes it will, a friend of mine who has a friend that deals with Motorola stuff, including software, told him the software version I have 10.0 will work on that radio. Just as long as that CM300d has not been programmed with the newer software version. If it has then I am out of luck until I get the newer software.

And yes that cable will or should work also.

So will find out if and when I go there to do that radio. If it doesn't read then that means they used the newer version of software to do it and will have to get it so I can then do it after I get it.

Thanks

com501

DEAR COOLGUY:

I am a Motorola dealer. Your friend of a friend is full of beans. The CM300d cannot be programmed with any cable other than the new CM300d USB cable. IT IS A NEW RADIO and NEW CABLE.

The CM300d was added to the Trbo product line AFTER Trbo CPS 10.0. That means the MDF in the software will not recognize the radio.

You need to buy the correct version of the software and cable or quit fooling around with professional grade radios using out of date software.

Stop being a pirate. We have told you three times what you need. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.