• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

capacity plus time out timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFFA

Hi.

We are considering putting up a capacity plus system. I want to be able to limit the talk time of certain talk groups on the system.

I've looked at the software and the only timer I can see is a time out timer on the repeater, issue with this is that when the timer times out it shuts the transmitter down and thus both time slots end, which will interfere with other groups on the other time slot.

Is there another way perhaps of limiting the talk time?

RKG

What you are looking for was, in the days of community repeaters, known as a "hog timer.". In substance, if tone A accumulated more airtime than any other tone during a given window, it would be locked out for a timer interval. Lock out would reversed either by passage of time (expiration of the timer) or by accumulation of airtime by another tone.

I have no idea whether the concept of hog timers has been ported over to trunked systems.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hytera DMR radios can do this. There is a 'Rent' option in the CPS that limits/sets the airtime the radio is allowed to use. Might be worth a look....

Attachments

• Hytera.jpg
    Hytera.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 269

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Or are you referring to limiting the time of each transmission? If so you need to look at the TOT & TOT Delay settings for the subscriber units themselves, not the repeater. This is found in the TX settings for individual channels.

SAFFA

Correct, I'm looking to limit the talk time of a talk group to say 2 minutes per conversation between all subscribers in that group.

Reason for this is so that one group doesn't hog the time slot all day.

As mentioned earlier, this requirement is similar to a community repeater hog timers. In fact this system will be replacing existing comreps.

Limiting the timers on the subscriber radios can work to an extent but is not the best solution.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Instead of inventing the wheel all over again, just add another repeater for more capacity ?

micoe

yes, the hytera DMR tier II either single repeater or single site Extended Pseudo Trunking can supply time out timer. but among all digital multiple sites full trunking systems, i wonder whether is such a TOT, maybe because it's not essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.