• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello I have one question I am curious about if it can be done or not.

I know you can do this with other radios and files/codeplugs but not sure if you can with an XTS 3000.

I am just wondering if you can or if there is a way you can clone another codeplug from another XTS 3000 say into my XTS 3000 or a codeplug from my XTS 3000 into someone elses.

So if a friend wanted their radio setup the same way as mine, I can just send them my codeplug to load into it or do it when I have their radio. Or the other way around if I wanted to load a codeplug they have for a certain place they go that I will be going to and save me from setting it all up for that place, I can just load it and go.

So let me know.

Thanks

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
If memory serves me correct, cloning those radios requires the same model and same flashcode.
If those dont match you will not be able to clone.
You may still be able to copy conventional stuff or maybe some trunking features but a true clone will fail unless all the features match.

SCPD

QRT
Ok that is what I thought from someone else telling me but just wanted to see for sure. Because if you could do it like you would do for other radios clone the same file to another exact same radio then I would do it for the XTS 3000.

So even obviously I am cloning the file/codeplug to another XTS 3000 VHF same model it won't clone and load into another XTS 3000 just like you would do with other radios that I mentioned and load the same exact file into another radio.

So unless it has the same flashcode then you are saying you can do this otherwise you can't load a file from your XTS 3000 into another same XTS 3000 because it probably doesn't have the same flashcode.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

wsykes41770

Ok that is what I thought from someone else telling me but just wanted to see for sure. Because if you could do it like you would do for other radios clone the same file to another exact same radio then I would do it for the XTS 3000.

So even obviously I am cloning the file/codeplug to another XTS 3000 VHF same model it won't clone and load into another XTS 3000 just like you would do with other radios that I mentioned and load the same exact file into another radio.

So unless it has the same flashcode then you are saying you can do this otherwise you can't load a file from your XTS 3000 into another same XTS 3000 because it probably doesn't have the same flashcode.

Correct, both radios have to have the exact same flashcode and model number. You can drag and drop one codeplug into another if you have two different flashcodes but want the same frequencies in them. You will probably end up with a few invalid fields that you have to correct, but this is normal.

SCPD

QRT
Ok so it can be done then I can open another saved codeplug from another same XTS 3000 and load or clone it to say my radio and it will load in but just with a few invalid fields. So like alot of invalid fields or just a couple that wouldn't take long to correct and have it going again.

And these invalid fields that would show up would it just be for the conventional channel area, trunking area, both or other settings in the codeplug.

Just seeing so if it can be done then will know to do it if I wanted to clone my file/codeplug to a friends same XTS 3000 or whatever.

ri1470

Followup on this

If one were to have access to the tools necessary (I do not) is it possible to do a firmware update on an XTS3000?

I have heard that it's possible with certain tools - again I don't have - with the XTS series of radios.

Just curious.

Thanks.

grem467

You need CPS, a cable, smartRIB, firmware files and a firmware refresh key to upgrade firmware.

As for the flash code, those options will need to be purchased in order to be legit. Hack jobs are just a bad idea

ri1470

Grem,

Thanks, the cable I have, I guess it's the firmware and CPS that I can find if I want to, but the firmware refresh key (ibutton) I guess it's called isn't something that I think I can get. Maybe a friend at a shop can do it for me.

Thanks.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber

Technically, with certain tools; that you certainly don't have access to, it is possible assuming both radios are of the same band (i.e. both are VHF) to 'clone' the radio in its entirety (regardless of model and flashcode), the destination radio would then inherit the same model # and flashcode as the source radio.

Otherwise, as everyone else is telling you, with the standard tools available to almost everyone, the only way is clone, which requires identical model and flash.

SCPD

QRT
Ok thought maybe there was a way to do it so I can just clone my original file or main file to it, so I won't have to re enter everything the exact same way as it is in my original and main file. But by the sounds of it I will have no choice to do it all by hand.

Thanks for the replies just thought I would ask to see since you can clone other radios and thought the XTS 3000 you can do the same.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
If your using the CPS; it has support for drag and drop. You should be able to take a codeplug from both radios and with both codeplugs open, you can try to drag and drop most things across from one codeplug to the other.

I assume the flashcode is entirely different?

SCPD

QRT
Ok didn't know that. So I can say take one of my Zone folders as they are called from my main codeplug and drag it into the other codeplug (the one I read from the radio and is in the radio now) and put it into that zone folder and then it should go into there and do the same say for the conventional channels and all that. Just seeing if that is what you mean.

And yah the flashcode in my main file I have saved on my computer will be different than what is in the radio since I am getting my radio repaired and redone with a whole new board inside it (not new as in brand new just a different board put into it).

Let me know if that is what you mean.

Thanks

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
As long as the band's between the 2 codeplugs are the same, and the feature set isn't radically different; it should be possible to drag and drop some of the data across. Otherwise your gonna be stuck re-entering all the information.

SCPD

QRT
Ok and yah it is still a vhf radio and the different board going into it is from another VHF XTS 3000. So everything will be the same there.

Ok will have to try that drag and drop of some of the things from my main file to the file that will be in the radio when I get it back. And see if it works and if it doesn't I am ready to re-enter in all my conventional channels and all that and get it set back up the same way as my main file is set up that I was using.

Was just seeing if there was a way so I wouldn't have to re-enter everything in by hand and spend a few hours doing it lol. Just clone or whatever then be all set to go.

Thanks

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I've cloned (the actual clone radio button is in the menu in that particular CPS and not a hot key like others) Astro Sabers to XTS3k, no trunking though and I think it was the same flashcode (both radios came from the same source).

Status
Not open for further replies.