• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XTS1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjohnson6193

Premium Subscriber
I just recently got an XTS1500 VHF and it was already programmed with channels and had features in it as zone selection as well as scan and just everything that you would need for a conventional radio. However when i turn the radio on it goes through the self check just fine but then there is a medium level tone that is continuous as if it is on a blank channel. I can read and write to the radio just fine, but it will not allow me to transmit on anything that i have programmed because of this tone. The transmit light flickers for a breif second then goes out. This radio has also presented this problem before i even hooked it up to the computer. If anyone can please help I would much appreciate it.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure there are actual frequencies/nets assigned to the physical channel positions? Continuous tone usually indicates an unprogrammed channel position or disabled net in that zone, regardless of whether it has a text alpha tag assigned to it.

If you want, feel free to shoot me a screenshot (or link to a screenshot) of your personality[ies] and zone channel assignments in CPS.

Puush is a good utility for this purpose if you need one.

bjohnson6193

Premium Subscriber
The radio was making this tone when I purchased it. The radios were not deprogrammed and came right out of service and into the auction that I got it from. I have not done any programming to it, but for the read and write that I did to the radio. I am using version 20.0 software and i have gone in though and disabled everything that I could think of and still nothing, that is the extent of the programming that i have done. I have even deleted all of the channels with only leaving one channel in the radio and still nothing. This is as of right now as we speak.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sounds like you are trying to transmit on a trunking system that doesn't exist anymore.

Brian252

Premium Subscriber
Like MikeOxlong suggested, the radio can be set to only audibly notify you that you are Out Of Range of a trunking system. In the CPS, under Radio Wide, you can set Disabled, Alert Only, Display Only or Alert & Display.

Another item to check is the Scan List. The XTS series emits a steady tone also when the Scan function is turned on and there is nothing in the scan list, and will not let you transmit. Usually you will see something like "Blank List", but sometimes I have found that the message doesn't get displayed. Turn off Scan and see if that fixes it.

Last edited:

com501

The radio is trying to autoscan on an invalid scan list channel. Delete all the scan lists and any reference to them in buttons, menus, personalities and modes. Also remove all scan lists and leave one 'default' can list and don't assign anything to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.