• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CP110 firmware upgrade/re-load?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to do this?

I've got a box of radios that all show a 'solid red light', I'd like to see if a firmware re-load would solve it.

I downloaded the free CP110 CPS software from Motorola but it's customer oriented, there is no option for firmware stuff. The radios don't seem to run the application firmware so they won't even communicate with the CPS.

Is there another more professional software package that will do this? I'm guessing from research that I need to get the radio into bootloader mode and then re-load the application firmware.

I have a Motorola account and have signed the waivers so I can buy whatever I need, I just want to know it's going o solve my problem before I shell out hundreds of dollars.

wireless

How are ya? Congratulations on even finding the free version of CPS for the CP110. I can find the CP110M version but nowhere on MOL can I find it. When you go to the CP110 section under Software and Programming, I see the Programming Cable and clone cable. And I do have the Software Buying license setup on my acct. If you could steer me to that Free CPS for the CP110 (not the M version), I sure would apreciate it.I have opened up a support case, 1 week ago if not longer, no reply, nothing. Not the Motorola I remember! I appreciate your time.

wireless

JayArr,
First let me say thank you for responding. I had not checked back after a while and apologize for the delay. I went into my MOL acct and followed your directions. I do not have the 25kHz CPS tools under 2 way radio. I do have the Software Authorization License so I just dont understand why I cannot see this, especially if it is a free program. Here is a screen shot of what I see.

Screenshot by Lightshot

As you can see no category called 25kHZ CPS Tools. Would you be willing to send me this as it is a free CPS. Id be happy to send a screenshot showing 'I have the software license. This whole CPS110 has just been a nightmare. I sent Motorola an email regarding this and after 3 weeks I get some canned answer pointing me to the MURS version, which I already have and only will work with a CP110m devices. Motorola just is not what it used to be. If this wasnt for my own personal use I would have given up and called it a day ages ago. My email is kb3vew AT gmail dot com
Thanks for your consideration in advance.You'd make me a very happy man.
Ron

Hi Wireless

I had to call Motorola and specifically ask for this, it took a day before it appeared in my menus for download. I've since found out that there is a difference between US and Canada customers, the USA has some legislation that mandates that radios be set for 12.5kHz and Canada does not. I'm guessing that's why it's in my menu and not yours. I don't think it would be a good idea for me to give you software that Motorola and your FCC don't want you to have. You'll have to convince Motorola to give it to you.

Jeff

wireless

Thanks Jeff, wasn't aware that you are in Canada., Thanks allot for the fast response.
Can you provide me with the part number they gave you so that i can try and request it. The narrow band wideband subject is an ongoing nitemare here.
Thanks again,
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.